Thread: kaspersky and vista Incompatibility

kaspersky and vista Incompatibility

Hello , i have just Upgraded to Windows Vista , the problem is that when i installed my Kaspersky Antivirus Suite on vista , it does have any problem but after the installation i get this Error message in the windows Security Center

Kaspersky Anti-virus is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported. Use the program's automatic updating feature, or contact the manufacturer for an updated version

please help and tell me how can i solve this issue, thanks in advance

Re: kaspersky and vista Incompatibility

If you receive this message from Windows Security Center in Windows Vista:

"Kaspersky Anti-Virus is enabled, but said its status at the heart of Windows in a format that is no longer supported. Use the automatic update program, or contact the software manufacturer to obtain an update days. Then Make sure your Kaspersky software is functioning normally. to do it Open your Kaspersky 2009 software and verify that the message "Your computer is protected" is displayed above. This indicates that your software is active and functioning normally.

The problem can be resolved by Disabling the notifications from Windows Security Center:

1. Click on the notification pop-up, or go to Start > Control Panel > Security > Security Center.
    2. Malware Protection will be listed as Check Settings with the error above show. Click on Show me my available options.
    3. Click on I have an antivirus program that I’ll monitor myself. If prompted, click Continue.
    4. Close the Windows Security Center.

In order to secure your computer, disable the notifications from Windows Security Center only in urgent cases.

you have three options:

1) Ignore the warning

2) Kaspersky Lab Solution: disable directly in the center of this Safety Alert (Which is Given in Above post)

3) Migrate to the kaspersky 2010 version Which is Compatible with Vista , If you choose this option 3, then you need to Save your Serial key first