Thread: Using Personas with themes in Firefox 3.6

Using Personas with themes in Firefox 3.6

What is this Personas? I have just heard a word or two for it at first from my friend. However, I did manage to get some information regarding it, but I think that this was not enough. I just want it and see how it is going to look on Mozilla Firefox 3.6. Also instruct me if it runs only on some of the operating systems? Is it different from Firefox theme? Please suggest I am waiting here for the replies to flood here.

Re: Using Personas with themes in Firefox 3.6

If you want to get some information regarding Personas, then I would suggest you to look for this topic on this forum. If however you can not find it here is the link for it, you can click here and visit the thread. No there is no special requirement regarding the operating system on which Personas work. It only requires the computer that has Firefox installed. It can work with computers having Mac, Linux and Windows as the operating system.

Well I do not know why you yet did not get your hand on Personas. Today themes are so hard to find or install and use, on the other hand Personas are very easy to install and easy to use themes. Personas alter the appearance of Firefox web browser. It gives the users a better and friendly user interface. Also the source code for Personas is accessible below the MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license. Happy to contribute here in the discussion.

Yes there is minor difference between themes and Personas. Themes change the look of Firefox. Personas are special kind of themes that alter the look of the browser not altering the toolbars, navigation buttons, and menus. Till now, whenever a theme was applied you needed to install it and restart the browser, and same was with extensions and other add-ons. With Personas however one can on the spot have a preview of the design and can install it in one click without restarting the browser.

I think the introduction part regarding Persona is over and this would be enough for you as well. If you want to experience it you can download the Personas Plus and can enjoy using it. Actually Personas Plus is an add-on for Firefox. This add-on gives you one-click access, so that you can enjoy Persona to its full extent. You can download the add-on from the official website of Mozilla or you can have this link to download it for you. Personas Plus

Well thanks for all the replies and I have got my all the questions answered. I will download and install the add-on for the browser(Firefox 3.6), and will report soon how it is working. If I will have any difficulty I will report for that on this forum. I am pretty sure that I will not be requiring any special procedures or steps, in order to go with the installation. Thanks again for all the information.