Thread: Netflix available on Samsung 55B650

Netflix available on Samsung 55B650

Hi,
    I had recently got a Samsung 55B650 LCD TV which has a Netflix on it. I had tried to search about this service. What I know about this is that I have to take membership service of Netflix and then I can view movies. How does this will work and what are the requirement for this. Does I will need to add a other device to the TV. This service is enabled on my friends home media server. But when I added my laptop to my network this does not work.

Re: Netflix available on Samsung 55B650

For using Netflix on your TV you will need a blu ray player. This blu ray player will act as a media device to your TV. You can then see the latest online movies on it. There is a need of membership on Netflix. You must have a Internet support also. Better build up a media server using a Play Station or any disk station and then get the service. At that time this might be useful.

If you get the message Unable to connect to Netflix. Please check the cable or your Internet support. If the problem persists then visit the web site of Netflix. In the help menu you can see a topic which states no connection while playing Netflix movies. You can see a brief tutorial there. It is necessary that you must have proper time and date settings on the media server.

It's actually pretty simple, but I wish it were more clearly explained on the Help Site Netflix. You must set the time and date on your Playstation 3. To do this, select Settings from the PS3 dashboard, and scroll date and time. In my case, the year was off by one which is 2011 instead of 2010. The date and time menu, select Set via Internet. You should get a confirmation that the scheduled date and time have been completed. And the date and time will now be correct

Netflix offers you online movie streaming on the pc. There might be some sign o the TV but you need a media server or blu ray player to use this service. Once you logged in properly you will get a access code which is usually designed for 3 PC support. So that means the similar connection you can use 3 system on your network.

That is right. The key is stored in the registry on the Windows machine and can be then exported and imported into a 4th, 5th, or whatever number of PC you want. You would not be able to use both, but you can at least use the computers. You can use that to add a 4th PC on the network. Note that the registry keys are OS-specific, if you export the key on a Windows XP machine, it will not work if you import it into a Vista machine. Therefore, I recommend that you export them for XP and one for Windows Vista.

Yes you can do that. For this first you need to export the windows registry file.First, click Start, then Run. Type regedit. In Vista, just type in regedit Instant Search field. After that you will have to go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Netflix \ Movie Viewer where you can see a ID key in the right side. This is used by Netflix to identify and limit the number of 3 PC usage. Just copy paste this in another system.

Yes you can do that. For this first you need to export the windows registry file.First, click Start, then Run. Type regedit. In Vista, just type in regedit Instant Search field. Now, you must navigate to the following registry key and then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Netflix \ Movie Viewer \ . You should see the ID key in the right panel. Netflix uses to assure that the plugin is running on one of the first three PCs, it has been installed. Now make sure you click on the file Movie Viewer and then click File and Export. We just export the movie viewer key, nothing else.