Thread: Firefox vs Safari

Firefox vs Safari

Currently I am using Safari and continue to use it until and unless I will get a better browser compared to the Safari. My friend has suggested me that the Firefox is a better browser compared to Safari. Hence I was wondering what are the difference between the Firefox and Safari, has anyone has observed the differences between the Firefox and the safari browser. If someone has observed the difference then I will like to know which, is better browser between Firefox and Safari according to the performance.

Re: Firefox vs Safari

I will not suggest you to change the browser you are using whether it is Firefox or the Safari browser it is your own preferences. I use the Firefox and I will like to mention some of the features of Firefox browsers.

Private Browsing
    Sometimes it is nice to go undercover, so turn this feature on and protect your browsing history. You can slip in and out of private browsing mode quickly, so it’s easy to go back to what you were doing before as if nothing ever happened. It’s great if you’re doing your online banking on a shared computer or checking email from an Internet cafe.

Anti-Malware
    Firefox protects you from viruses, worms, trojan horses and spyware delivered over the Web. If you accidentally access an attack site, it will warn you away from the site and tell you why it is not safe to use.

I prefer to keep them both of them on my computer system. If you consider the perspective of speed then they are very close to each other and does not have much difference in speed. According me Firefox has the support for more goodies and are it is updated more often. It is easy to synchronize the bookmark. According me you should use the browser which suites you the best.

I am having PowerMac G5 Single 1.8 Ghz machine. I prefer to use the Safari browser, previously I was using Internet explorer on the PC. I have faced a malfunction when, I log on to my Bank site and was doing my online banking. The bank site is booting me off after I tried to transfer the funds, and for completing the transaction, I have to log in again and start everything again. From when I am using Firefox I have not face any malfunction.

I feel Safari browser is better, since it load faster but I am still using the Firefox browser because some of the sites does not open in the Safari browser. Here are some of the features of Safari browser.

VoiceOver Screen Reader
    Safari features built-in support for Apple’s VoiceOver screen reader in Mac OS X. VoiceOver describes aloud what appears on your screen and reads the text and links of websites. Using VoiceOver, you can completely control the computer with the keyboard instead of the mouse.

Enhanced Keyboard Navigation
    Thanks to the enhanced keyboard navigation options in Safari, you can navigate the web without a mouse. Press the Tab key, and Safari jumps to the next password field, pop-up menu, or input field. For increased keyboard control, you can hold down the Option key while tabbing to have Safari skip through every link on the page. And if you press the Return key, Safari opens the highlighted link, letting you “point and click” with just a few keystrokes.

I agree with the first reply. Browser is a personal reference. The only time you need to change it is when you are looking for more features.

jycegrcia Guest

As such I have both on my computer but If comparison is done to both of them then I will go with firefox as it is quite easy and simple to use and also due to the NoScript plugin.
    Last edited by Saket; 30-04-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Warning: External Link Not Allowed.