Thread: Unable to Access IE8 Browser Cache in Windows 7

Unable to Access IE8 Browser Cache in Windows 7

Recently i have purchased a new compaq laptop which was loaded with window 7. I have no experience in using windows 7 and hence i have used only windows XP till now. I find windows 7 quiet easy and with a lot of enhanced feature but while i was using windows XP i was allowed to access the browser cache since i require them often but in windows 7 i am unable to Access IE8 Browser Cache.

Re: Unable to Access IE8 Browser Cache in Windows 7

You can access the browser cache in windows 7 also there is a difference of the path only since. Follow the path which i have mentioned below:

[/i]C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files[/i]

Follow the path and you will get the temporary files.

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
    Thanks for the quick response but following the path which you have specified only gives the location of the temporary folder which only have about 350 files as compared to the data which i had in my windows XP system. Please specify the matter .

In this situation it is because some of your files are hidden for the security of your system and hence you are not able to view those files in the temporary. But if you want to view those files then you will have to view cache from the content.ie5 folder since this folder is used by the system to save your nrowaser history. To access this folder you have to type the path of the folder you cannot see it normally.
    Use the path
    C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5 folder

Since windows 7 is derived from windows XP that's why all the bugs and problems of windows XP are removed. Since most of the viruses attacked windows XP system from the temporary files and hence the temporary files were made more secure and hence you are not allowed to access these files.

I would recommend you to use another browser if you are so much concerned about your browser cache. The Mozilla Firefox browser is one of the best browsers available. Also you cannot forget the contribution of Opera browser too. Use either of the two browsers and you will get all your browser history and cache within just 4 to 5 clicks itself.