Thread: Internet Explorer 8 will not open HTML emails

Internet Explorer 8 will not open HTML emails

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system on it. The default browser on the system was Internet Explorer 6 which I recently upgraded to the Internet Explorer 8 but the installed Internet Explorer 8 will not open HTML emails that I receive in Outlook 2007. I cant figure out why I am facing such problems and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 will not open HTML emails

I think there is something wrong with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing then the application will not work properly. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall the browser and then remove all the files/keys from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed, then install the browser again and see if the application is working properly.

Are there any add-on/applications installed on the browser? Sometimes the applications/add-ons which are installed on the browser create such problems. Many times the files of the applications which are installed on the browser are corrupt. If such an application is installed on the browser, then it will corrupt the files of the browser too. Therefore try disabling all the applications which are installed on the browser and then see if the HTML links work on the browser or not. If the browser works properly when the add-ons are disabled then find and remove the add-on which is creating problem.

You will have to reconfigure the Outlook again. As you have changed the browser, the configuration of the Outlook must be conflicting with the currently installed browser and hence the HTML links are not opening. Therefore open the Outlook wizard and then configure the outlook again according to the new version of the browser. After configuring the outlook again, restart both browser and the outlook wizard and then check if the links open or not.

Scan the system with some updated antivirus as I suspect that the computer is infected with some kind of Virus. Virus's have the tendency of linking with the files of the applications which are frequently used by the user. If such a situation occurs then the application whose files are infected will not work properly. Therefore scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then see if the browser functions properly or not. If the files of the browser which are infected is more, then you will have to reinstall the browser.