Thread: Firefox download manager benefits

Firefox download manager benefits

Hi,
    What are the different security options available on Firefox. I need some detailed information on it because recently my antivirus has showed a warning that the site which I am accessing is related to phishing attack. I had changed my browser. Because I had found Firefox as more secure. Second thing is it possible to get download history from it. what benefits does the download manager gives. And can I run a old scanner on Windows Vista 64 bit computer

Re: Firefox download manager benefits

The download manager has also benefited from a major facelift. He also now has its search box. A convenient feature to instantly find any downloaded software, to open or ask the download again. And it is now possible to resume a paused download, even if one leaves Firefox in the meantime. Open the Download Manager via the key combination Ctrl + J. Right-click the downloaded file on your mind and then select Copy the source address of the download.

As in IE7, it is now possible to have complete control modules and plugins installed. You can easily enable / disable without make extensions as FashBlock. To do that go in the Tools menu, select Add-ons. Then go into the Plugins. Now in the list of extensions such as Flash or Media Player is displayed, click on the extension to disable and then click Disable.

As for IE7, Firefox adopts a mechanism for setting the color of the address bar in terms of dangerousness or, alternatively, to certify the sites. Like the red one is recommended for phishing. It is a dangerous site which can extract your personal information. Better don't visit this marking site to avoide future issues.

There are more color indicator for types of sites in Firefox. Like the Blue one. This indicates that the site uses an encrypted connection. So it is safer to go and visit the site. And the Green indicator shows that the site is known as the man he claims to be through the mechanism of advanced certification. Before placing an order online, make sure you know that the site has a valid certificate by clicking the site icon in the address bar.

You have an old scanner and its constructor has no plans to make available a 64bit driver. Under these conditions, your scanning device can not theoretically run on the 64bit edition of Vista. There is however a solution. This solution is
    called VueScan. This scanning software installs a kind of universal driver that manages more than 700 scanners and 209 digital cameras. VueScan also works well on Vista 32bit (x86) on Vista 64bit (x64). VueScan is a shareware download for free.