Thread: Method for removing duplicate tabs from any browser

Method for removing duplicate tabs from any browser

I am having an hp laptop whenever i browse the internet more often i end up with multiple duplicate tabs. The problem is that i am having only a few tabs but if a number of tabs are opened it becomes difficult for me to sort out the tabs which i use. Currently i am using Opera but i could not find any information regarding why this is happening. Please let me know if there is any method for removing the duplicate tabs.

Re: Method for removing duplicate tabs from any browser

In the internet Explorer there is an option if you right click the tab to duplicate too not sure about the others since i am using the Internet Explorer. I think this might be a bug of the browser which you are using. If possible try using another browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox which are the most extensively used browser.

I use to work with lots of tabs open but could not find any difficulty in searching the tabs which i want. If any duplication occurs then i am able to close it manually. Hence i could not find any way to solve this problem i think the only way to get rid of the duplicate tabs is to close it manually. Else you should close a newly opened tab as soon as you see it.

The problem here is that the browser get cluttered with twin sets of tabs. Either this happening randomly or because of an action. It is almost as certain as a mess. I think the opera is the only tab which comes with an option of duplicate this and hence this cannot be regarded as a bug instead it is a feature of the opera browser because you might have have to adjust the setting of the browser in order to get rid of this browser error

I agree with what Trio stated in the above reply that the duplicate tab is not an error but its a feature of the browser. You might have changed the settings somewhere or you have unknowingly open a duplicate tab. So try to note that first whether it is opened unknowingly or its due to a setting change. If it is due to a change in setting then reinstall the browser as your not aware, which setting to be changed to stop the duplication of tabs.

The Opera browser is quite new and i have not used it yet but in the Internet Explorer or in the Mozilla Firefox you can open a duplicate tab by just pressing "ALT + Enter key" This duplicates the current tab. Which is quite possible in your case you might be opening the duplicate tabs unknowingly and just be careful while browsing.