Thread: Downloading starts but not completed

Downloading starts but not completed

Hi, I've come across such serious problem recently and unable to know what actually cause it. When I download files from internet it started to download it but doesn't end that download. Sometimes it shows that download is completed and if I open that particular download then it gives me error. If I check size of that particular file it is not that much which it must be. Sometimes downloads completed but, not the time. I have Windows XP sp2 and I'm using Avast Home Edition. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: Downloading starts but not completed

Hi, I come to know from your question that you are using Avast Home Edition and having Windows XP as an Operating System. I think you are getting this problem due to the Avast Home Edition. Sometimes, it may happen that you download something which has code as virus. So, antivirus software stops that download itself, if it has authority to do that. Just check in your avast setting whether it is having that power or not. And give me reply.

Hi, I had also faced same problem before two months. I just change my anti-virus software and my problem was sort out. I am currently using Mcafee and I am getting my downloads completely. Better you also try this. I will suggest you that first check it by uninstalling your avast anti virus and then simply check whether your download completed or not. If it is completing then you can use different anti virus program. Just check it.

Hi, I have read your problem and I think that you either have problem due to low bandwidth of internet or your Avast Home Edition. As you have specified that Downloading starts but not completed that means when you are downloading particular set at that time your network provides you packets but after a time of interval you are unable to get that packets with required amount. So, Try to contact with your ISP and then let me know. Or you can just change to Mozilla Firefox and check it is downloading completely or not. It may happen that it is possible due to your old Internet Explorer.