Thread: Intel wifi link 5100 agn Yello mark problems

Intel wifi link 5100 agn Yello mark problems

Today I purchased a new laptop with the Intel Wifi 5100 AGN wifi card. From the end of the installation Windows recognizes the networks nearby. I found that the network card was not under device manager so I found it in add hardware and installed it but it came up as the Intel WiFi 5100 AGN #2 with a yellow mark next to it. However, I can not connect to my home network. It tells me to reset my router or just my adapter.

Re: Intel wifi link 5100 agn Yello mark problems

I haven't known of a device that doesn't let you spoof the whole address apart from on ESX Server/VMware. A yellow exclamation point next to a device in Device Manager means that Windows has identified a problem of some kind with that device. Theres a MAC spoofing tool called SMAC or something and theres also a registry key in Windows you can manually edit. i'm also have the same issue using WIFI 512an mmw card. Windows XP freeze and low internet connection speed. Already update WIFI driver, still same. Thats why I had to use SMAC (I think its called) to do it on a Virtual Machine.

First of all you need to identify which device was not recognized. A simple method is to remove, one by one, the external devices connected to the computer and check if the line is still present. Use Automatic Settings check box. If Windows successfully detects a device, this check box is selected, and the device should function correctly. When the device is identified, it is necessary to obtain the latest drivers. Normally it is provided on CD support and comes along with the device.

The yellow question mark appears as the full sized device icon and will appear when a device is detected but not installed. You can solve this problem by updating the drivers for the device. If you click My Computer and then click Properties, you see a property sheet with a View Resources and a Reserve Resources tab. The Reserve Resources tab excludes a resource from use by Windows.