Thread: Internet Explorer 8 for Vista 64 bit

Internet Explorer 8 for Vista 64 bit

Hi,
    I want o upgrade my Internet Explore browser from Internet Explorer 7 to Internet Explorer 8. But I am using a 64 bit Windows Vista edition in my pc. I want a proper download for the 64 bit edition. Because recently I had downloaded the same. After running the setup it shows up that it is a 32 bit edition. And the installation fails. Thanks in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 for Vista 64 bit

Internet Explorer 8 is current and latest version of IE. It is available on the official site of Microsoft for a free download. You will have to choose the operating system and then the browser. Internet Explorer 8 fast and reliable. It is designed to offer more privacy and security while browsing. Internet Explorer 8 is more secure against malicious software, spywares, malwares, etc.

It is a new web browser but many users are facing compatibility issue for the same. There is separate version created for each and every operating
    system. For example you can download the a different version of Windows XP 32 bit and a separate for 64 bit. Get the proper version from the official site only. Otherwise you will receive a buggy software.

When I installed Internet Explorer 8 I faced some issues. So I am listing the same solution for you incase if you face any compatibility problem after installing IE8. The problem which I was facing is when I open Windows Explorer then for every click a new Window is opened. New tab was not working. To fix such issue open command prompt by typing cmd in run box at Start menu. then give the command - regsvr32 actxprxy.dll. Restart your system.