Thread: How to use signature feature of Ms Office Outlook

How to use signature feature of Ms Office Outlook

I received a mail from one of my friend with his signature inside it. I am using the same email client Ms office outlook 2007. I use it to send, receive and read all my emails. I want to know that what is a signature feature available of Office Outlook. And what is the way to add and create a signature in a email. How to signature a email while sending a mail and what it actually means.

Re: How to use signature feature of Ms Office Outlook

An signature includes text or graphic that are automatically added to the end of an outgoing e-mail message. In your email client you can create different signatures for different purpose. You can format the text in the signatures that you create by using colors and fonts. You can also add other elements to the signature, such as your Electronic Business Card (Electronic Business Card: A view of specific information about a contact, in a format similar to a paper-based business card, that can be inserted into messages.), pictures, or logos. For adding a business card in your signature you have create and signature first and then insert a card. After that you will need to assign a outgoing message to add a signature automatically

To create a new signature do the following :
    1. Open you Email client. Go to Message tab > Include > Click on Signature.
    2. In the E-mail Signature tab, click New.
    3. Assign a name to the signature and click OK.
    4. Go the Edit Signature box, type the inforamation you want in the signature.
    5. For formatting, Select Text > Style and formatting buttons
    6. These formatting are applied if you use a plain text. It only visible to those who sue .html or .rtf message formats.
    7. To add an Electronic Business Card, click where you want the card to appear in the signature text, click Business Card, and then click a contact in the Filed As list. Then click OK.
    8. Select the place to add the picture in the signature text and clickInsert Picture. Browse for a image.
    9. To add a hyperlink, select the insert hyperlink tab.
    10. Now under the E-mail account tab select you account to add a default signature.

You can configure your email messages to add your signature automatically. So, whenever you send a email message the signature is inserted by default. To add a signature in new message do one of the following.
    Automatically assign a signature. Click on New Message > Include > Signatures. In the list select a signature. Under Choose default signature, select a your choice. Click OK. Insert a signature manually. In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click Signature, and then select the signature that you want.