Thread: Download Google Earth 5.0

Download Google Earth 5.0

Google has rolled out a major upgrade for Google Earth, the company’s desktop, geo-mapping browser. Google Earth 5 beta offers a host of new features, including interactive underwater details, historical maps, Mars topography and the ability to easily record your Google Earth journeys.

The most exciting of the new features are the oceanography details. Google Earth has long offered minor, 2D topographical sketches of the Earth’s oceans — you can now dive under the ocean and fly over undersea landmarks — mountains, trenches, shipwrecks and more.

Google Earth 5 is the ability to record your journeys. The “touring” feature, as Google calls it, allows you to create and upload movies so others can follow your explorations. Just click the new camera icon in the Google Earth toolbar to begin recording. From there it isn’t hard to create a 3D account of your recent road trip around the country or simply plan an upcoming trip. There’s even a voice recording option which allows you to narrate your journey, though be aware that there’s no editing or separate audio options — you need to get your voiceover right in a single take, in real-time.

Download Google Earth 5.0

Re: Download Google Earth 5.0

Here are some key features of "Google Earth":

• Navigation controls - Look around, move and zoom into any location
    • Sun and shadows - View animated shadows as they move across the landscape
    • 3D buildings - View hundreds of photo-realistic new buildings in many of the world's cities
    • Imagery date information
    • Support for new language versions
    • Flash videos in placemark balloons
    • Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
    • Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
    • Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
    • Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.

Requirements:

• CPU: Pentium 3, 500Mhz
    • System Memory (RAM): 128MB
    • Hard Disk: 400MB free space
    • Network Speed: 128 Kbits/sec
    • Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM
    • Screen: 1024x768, "16-bit High Color"

Re: Download Google Earth 5.0

Oceanography and historic imagery aside , when I first opened my new Google Earth 5 with great glee yesterday , I went straight to Mars. I was really jazzed to have a whole new world to roam ; another planet. When my Mac took me to Mars, there to my surprise were all of " My Places" on the Martian surface...my Mexican surf beaches, my Wyoming mountain hideouts .