Thread: Java API for sending SMS

Java API for sending SMS

We are working with a Management software for managing Hardware devices in SAN network. Now, any critical event notification comes up, we only facilitates Email notification to the end user. Do you have any idea about any API in Java or a method through which we can also provide an option for the end user so that method they can get an notification through the SMS on their cell phone.

Thanks

Re: Java API for sending SMS

Because I think, you are just not discussing about J2ME and I have to say there is no SUN API for such within the J2SE or J2EE standards. However there are:

1. Several SMS APIs ready from different vendors (perform a google search on java and sms and you will get the applicable result related)
    2. Email servers that make enables to send SMS as well and as a client that you can use the well known java mail API.

Thank you very much such wonderful help and also for the quick reply and I will try to go with suggested options. I am still running with same confusion here and have question about the sending notification to separate Messenger For example : Yahoo message or MSN? Do you have any idea about the available API or we have to rely on some open source APIs provided ?

There is no API available and provides with the Java OOB (j2se or j2ee) for this type of task . After all some of the public APIs posted by different users and expert. I got some other as sourceforge for communicating with MSN message or also from sourceforge for connecting through the yahoo messenger . However, since each one messenger contains and follow through it's own protocol (that is not actually public) you will be specific to the flexibility of your fixes. According to me, the emails and SMS are more then enough. I didn't got this type of functionality that anybody receiving notifications in the messenger installed .

According to me, you need to go for the SMS gateway. It controls the network link failures and SMS service provider disabilities with the automatic reconnect property, backing up the routing and fail-safe load balancing. Message loop protection is also involved to ignore the threats caused by auto-responding the mobile messaging services