Thread: Creating XMP panel in Flex CS4

Creating XMP panel in Flex CS4

Code:
    <mx:TabNavigator id="TabInformation" width="150%" height="150%">
    <panels:TestPanel id="New_Panel"/>
    </mx:TabNavigator>
    I want to know if anyone has tried out creating XMP panel in Flex CS4. I had Photoshop CS4 already installed in my system and have recently downloaded Flex Builder 3 for creating such Panels. As I am new to this software, I need help for starting with the same.

Above given is the code that I have created for the new panel that I am designing for Photoshop CS4. Actually, I get an error message saying that The TestPanel tag has invalid syntax.

I require some assistance to get rid of this error.

Re: Creating XMP panel in Flex CS4

If you are a new user to Flex Builder 3, then it is not possible to directly start with creating XMP panel in Flex CS4. I guess that you need some guide that will help you to learn all the features of this software. You can get the required guide on the official site. Only after getting well versed with all the features in this software, you must try out creating testpanels and so on. Otherwise, errors are sure to be encountered.

There is no need to worry about the particular error that is being encountered while creating XMP panel in Flex CS4. This is a genuine problem that is faced by almost all the new users of this software. The problem is that the 2 classes with the name "TestPanel" are conflicting with each other. You just need to debug the each and every line of the program to fix this problem.

I was facing the problem as yours when I was creating XMP panel in Flex CS4. I also had the guide and had gone through it properly before starting to develop this panel. Even after that I got the same error. It was written in the guide that there is a possibility that we make silly errors that are ignored by us. Well, they guide also recommended debugging. I did the same and the I found the line that was causing the problem.

Thanks for providing all your views and suggestions on the problem that I was facing while creating XMP panel in Flex CS4. Well, I have got this guide that you guys were speaking of. You people are right that I have a lot of things to learn about because when I started with the guide, I found many features about this application, that I was not aware about.