Thread: Backup only configuration data in cPanel

Backup only configuration data in cPanel

I need to transfer a server very soon and I just wondered who would be the best
    a) I could just make a backup with CPanel and then download the same zip file of the site and download and extract the new server
    b) I could copy everything on my computer from the ftp site and then transferred to the new server via FTP.
    c) I could put the account with the cPanel tools and make the new server load off the old.
    The problem with using CPanel approaches is that it is a Web application so that I may not always be sure that it do the job (php stops working after about 30 years). I know it may be different on the program CPanel, im sure they have good tools to do so. Please help.

Re: Backup only configuration data in cPanel

If you have roots on both servers use the link WHM mutiple transfer. This package, copying and transfer of all configure the new server just fine. Well at least 99% of the time. This represents 1% for minor problems, for example: if you go from Linux packages for freebsd directory may not have been created on the freebsd box. Touch and you're good to go. If you use a nonstandard port, you must reset to 22 for the transfer. I also suggest if you assign dedicated IP to all the sites that you do them separately or allocate IP addresses once the transfer is complete. However, if the site on the old server has a cert to separate and assign the intellectual property during the transfer. If you do not like the IP, you can always attributed the change once you've uploaded.

If you want to restore a site from a safeguard of cPanelWith bases of Data from e-mail, etc.., You must have a "Full" safeguard of cPanel that of safeguard and of restore using the restore safeguard Full / cpmove file in WHM.If you restore a "home" within of the safeguard of cPanel you will not receive of Based of mysql database, e-mail lists of dissemination of subdomains and addon. If the account you want to restore is located on another server, you can also use the of transfer. Which essentially creates a safeguard complete transfer of the safeguard of server and performs a restoration.

Check the steps:
    - Click Backup the Cpanel menu.
    -Click Generate / Save a copy of the complete. Allows a full backup of your space from your root, emails, statistics, logs, configurations, cron jobs, mySQL databases . Remember to delete the backup of your space to free space if that is the case you have chosen Homedir for the destination file.
    - Click Download the file backup today. Allows a full backup of your space from your root, emails, statistics and configurations included. This corresponds to a copy of the Home directory. You can use this file in Restore a copy of the Home directory
    - Click on the MySQL database of your choice allows you to backup the MySQL database. You can use this file in Restoring a MySQL database

The easiest way to create a backup from the cpanel of your hosting. If your provider gives you access to cpanel, then all you have to do is to use the option "backup" which is available on the home page of your cpanel to create a backup.

Go into the administration of your forum, as to create a subforum and you have a menu save the database. You may be able to save your db in your computer. If it happened for one reason or another until you have more access to your db you just reinstall your forum (blank) of origin and returns you to the db.