Thread: vsvars32.bat not found

vsvars32.bat not found

I am going to try the CUDA SDK 3.0 with Visual C++ 2008 but when I moved to try it for compilation then it got failed to stopped with the error message as mentioned below :

nvcc fatal : Visual Studio configuration file 'vsvars32.bat' could not be found for installation at 'C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/../../..'
    I googled a lot about this issue and also on different forums and everything about 'vsvars32.bat' but didn't get anything related to this.Do you have any fix for such issue ???

Re: vsvars32.bat not found

I was running with the same issue as well as error message. The operating system was Windows 7 64-bit and working on both the 64-bit versions of the CUDA toolkit and Windows SDK. At such meoment, I expected to be able to configure up a Visual C++ environment through vcvars32.bat or vcvars64.bat and run nvcc, but I found the same error message as stated above. I then installed Visual C++ 2008 Express but nothing happened except an error message, I got a new error :

nvcc fatal : Visual Studio configuration file '(null)' could not be found for installation at 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/bin/../..'

Then, I make a vcvarsamd64.bat file (which can be empty: its contents looks to be irrelevant) in the following location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin\amd64". From then on I seem to be able to target 64-bit builds from the command line.

vsvars32.bat not found

There is another way and it is very simple to do. You just need to copy the appropriate file at proper place and reconfigure the environment..I have resolved this exact same issue by copying the vsvars32.bat file into folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools.. and then after everything is going very proper and nothing occurred as an error message..

Hope this could be helpful for you...try this out

After getting this error , the first thing I to perform is usually dig into Start Menu => All Programs=>Microsoft Visual Studio xxxx=>Tools and get the Visual Studio Command Prompt and drag it over to the top of the Start Menu.

I noticed from different books that my Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt was always showing some complaining message about a missing file when I start it. It was seems for something known as vsvarsall.bat or something. By the way, it doesn't exist.

At any rate, the better old vsvars32.bat is still in there, deep in the bowels, so I configure my Command Prompt to point to:

%comspec% /k ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat""

I am still left wondering if it was me, something I did, some schmutz in the computer, or a legit oversight.

vsvars32.bat not found

I have installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition on Windows XP SP3 . I am using the standard command prompt compiler provided by the C++ install. I got error message during compilation of code :

#include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main ()
    {
    cout << "C++ is programming language . ";

return 0;
    }

"To work with the Visual C++ command-line compiler, you must first Compile the batch file VCVARS32.BAT, that is given by Visual C++". where that file is placed and how would I find the batch file. Anyone have any suggestion on where to locate the batch file or if I have done something invalid during compilation of the program?

The vcvars32.bat file configures the appropriate environment variables to made enable 32-bit command-line builds.one thing should be remember that if you are going to perform command-line builds with DEVENV, vcvars32 configurations will have no affect on your builds, unless you also mentioned the /useenv option. To run vcvars32.bat

1. Come on at command prompt, change to the \bin sub-directory of your
    Visual C++ installation.
    2. Run vcvars32.bat with the name of VCVARS32.

NOTE : Just take a look on your Installation Disk ?

Thanks for your kind and quick reply, Actually, I haven't installed with the . I have downloaded Visual C++ from Microsoft's official website.I got your suggestion and also tried executing batch file (I got it within the installation directory) and it going to be run properly but nothing happened visually as I am expecting. Then after, I tried to compile my program and yet it still got failed. The same error message is getting again and again ......