Thread: Need to create a shortcut URL to Gmail.com on my Windows Mobile

Need to create a shortcut URL to Gmail.com on my Windows Mobile

Hello all,

I have a HTC Touch Diamond 1 Mobile Phone which is running upon Windows Mobile 6.1. I recently got some idea to create a shortcut URL file to access Gmail frequently that I can launch ( I am using the new SPB Mobile Shell 3.0, where you can have shortcut's to files, or anything from your homepage ) gmail.com, that would launch straight into my Opera Web Browser. I hope you can help !!

Thanks in advance!

If you will think deeply then you always have this solution and I think you are aware about this solution. If you are running with all these stuff then you can easily achieve this and it would be done as . You can create a link on your computer and copy it to your device. Now, whenever you need to access those, you can frequently access your Gmail

Yeah !!

I didn't consider about this previously and I think it would be a better solution but I have some confusions regarding this and wanted to be sure, I got this technique from you but I am unaware about the implementation of this.

Can you tell me one thing. Which program would I create the link in ? I am currently using Firefox and IE on my desktop, but tried creating a URL file on there and then transferring to the phone but it would open in IE on my phone, when I desired it in the Opera web browser ...

I have tried to these all thing and now you are running on the point where you need to make some changes in your browser means you requires to setup your default browser in this situation and it would be done as follows :

Just open the opera web browser and follow the steps given below -

1- Click on the Menu control
    2- Now, choose Tools and then Settings.
    3- Misc and uncheck the Set Opera as default browser.
    4- Get exit from the Browser..

Re: Need to create a shortcut URL to Gmail.com on my Windows Mobile

Thanks for your kind replies but after all this that didn't work for me, as I don't have the option to configure the Opera as the default user in my Opera Browser 9.5 Build # 1476

I also don't have the the registry key on my HTC Diamond that is as follows -

HKCU/ControlPanel/Keybd/APP3_Path

How can I create the shortcut / URL file ? ? Thanks you so much for your assistance in helping and if you have much better than this then please help me more !

You can perform whatever you desired to do but I am not pretty sure that what you are trying to finish. If your aim is to configure your opera the default browser, then you just require to edit the registry like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER
    "0"=Opera Browser
    "1"=\Windows\OperaL.exe

or to make it even simpler you can just install this .cab that will do that for you.

Re: Need to create a shortcut URL to Gmail.com on my Windows Mobile

I am highly thankful to you all for helping me a lot. I figured out your suggestion and tried to configure all this and got that,I did the same that's what you told me to do. And now, I have Opera as the default, but can you please assist me on how to create a URL shortcut file that I can drag across to my Phone, to then set as a shortcut ?

Any ideas ?????