Thread: Encrypt batch script content

Encrypt batch script content

Hello,
    I have a hands on experience with the batch script, but I need to encrypt the batch file so that I can sure the contents of the batch file. This is all because I need to be aware of the other users, other users may damage the file or try to read the contents of the file. So, if you know how to encrypt the batch file then please help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Encrypt batch script content

Hello,
    I think you can use the batch compiler, there are many projects when are been encrypted by using the batch compiler, I think you can find then easily on internet. One more thing I would like to say is that you just want to secure the file or you want to hide the data of the file. Both are two different things and they need to be programmed separately. So, first be clear with your coding perspective and then start with the coding part.

Hello,
    If you are trying to encrypt the batch file the you can use a compiler called Quick Batch File Compiler. You can download it from their official site and use. Using the compiler is pretty easy, so should not have a problem with it. Also, if there are many files in your project then you can use something like the IEXPRESS package creator to make an archive of all the file, that is make a collection of all the files.

Hello,
    I think the decision you have taken to encrypt the batch file is correct because many of the people just hide the batch file so that the users can not access or try to access it. But if it is hidden then you can not run it as the user won't see the file at all. So, if the users want the file to run then he should see it and only after that he can execute it. So, encrypting the batch file is the best option available here.

Hello,
    I think the applications that convert the batch file into the exe file, the mechanism is to just wrap the file around the executable file. This is like the exec file that is the executable file is wrapped by all the surround batch files. But doing so, I do not think that the batch file is going to run in outside the network , because if a network is secured then you it denies the executable file. So, if you need to work with this file in the local network it can be helpful bu not outside the network.