Thread: How to create a toolbar in Microsoft Access?

How to create a toolbar in Microsoft Access?

Hi friends,
    I have just started the programming language. I am doing the Visual Basic and I am using the Microsoft Access as an back end. Now i want to create a toolbar in Access, but I don't know how to do.!! So thought that someone would help me, so posted here. Please tell me how can I create a toolbar in Microsoft Access.?? Waiting for your Replies..!!!
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: How to create a toolbar in Microsoft Access?

Many times you feel difficult to work on a form having no toolbar. You can access any page on the form by using the toolbar. So, tool bar must be used to make an Access form easier. Just take an example so that you can understand more properly. If you are creating a which should only be used to print individual students records. For this scenario, you can create a toolbar that does just that. You should not add tools that can make user confuse for accessing.

Follow the steps for creating the toolbar in Access :
    1. Select the View. Then select the option Toolbars, followed by the Customize.
    2. Then select New on the Toolbars tab.
    3. You will have to give the name for Toolbar. Lets say enter Student Form for the Toolbar Name.
    4. Then select the File from the Categories list after clicking on the Commands tab.
    5. Click and drag the Print and Print Preview commands to the Students Form toolbar.
    6. Now for doing the editing, you would have to select Edit from the Categories list.
    7. Click and drag the Find and Find Next commands to the toolbar.
    8. Lastly click on close.

The steps mentioned by the 'void' should work. But you will have to do something more for completing that process of creating tool bar. After clicking on close, the form might not appear on the toolbar, so you would have to do the described points for assigning the Student Form toolbar to the Student Form. Now to assign the Student Form toolbar to the Student Form, first you will have to double-click the form property button. Then click the tab called 'Other'. Lastly select Student Form from the Toolbar drop-down list. Hope that helps you..!!

I think that you should have known the steps for creating the custom toolbar. Sometimes you need to create a toolbar for all Microsoft Access data files. I have given you the steps for same :
    1. First go to View menu, than select the Toolbars option and then click Customize.
    2. Then select the check box for Utility 1 or Utility 2 which would be presented in the Toolbars box.
    3. After doing the mentioned settings, close the Customize dialog box.
    4. Finally, for completing the toolbar, add buttons from the Customize dialog box. You can also move or copy a button from another toolbar or can add the menus.