Thread: Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

Hi,

I have just downloaded PHP 5.2.6 and installed it from the zip archive. I have just downloaded PHP 5.2.6 and installed it from the zip archive. After installation, It gave me an error message : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. What is libpq.dll exactly? Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

This seems to be a PHP installation issue. At least some of the mistakes of others seem extensions could not be loaded, but the main problem is probalby the php5.dll missing. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling PHP without the installer. You can find a useful resources for the installation / configuration of PHP on the site http://php.net. You have to edit the php.ini file and configure IIS to run PHP.

Re: Php Error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found.

To remove error : This application has failed to start because libpq.dll was not found. Logged in as administrator and try installing PHP 5.2.6 by following steps

1. Download php-5.2.6-win32-installer
    2. Open containing folder
    3. Double-click php-5.2.6-win32-installer
    4. Defaults used
    5. Tried every server type.
    6. Got error

Error trying access httpd.conf. You will have to manually
    web server config.

It seems as if PostgreSQL is not installed correctly. Can you get to the database with the plain old 'psql' utillity? libpq is a required library for postgres. Moreover, as far as postgres drivers, I imagine most people are using psycopg2 instead of pyPgSQL, since it is more active.

The above errors were the root of my cause, but while in my attempts to reinstall the missing FastCGI PHP. I reinstalled php configured for FastCGI.

After much research and fix my second mistake, I noticed that .Dll's have only installed by other applications. For example, the OIC had been there only if the machine had Oracle and so on. After a little trial and error commenting extensions in php.ini, I have it working