Thread: Portable database management software

Portable database management software

I have recently entered into the world of database management and thus I am in search of some program which is best suited to my requirement. Basically I want an easy to use software that does not require any internet connection. The purpose of the database would be to store our data locally and then to be uploaded all at once on the server. I need it portable so that I would stay connected while roaming outside my company via my laptop. Can anyone suggest me a good database management software ?

Re: Portable database management software

Navicat for MySQL is a powerful Database administration and development tool for MySQL. It works with any MySQL Database Server from version 3.21 or above, and supports most of the latest MySQL features including Trigger, Stored Procedure, Function, Event, View, and Manage User, etc. Features in Navicat are sophisticated enough to provide professional developers for all their specific needs, yet easy to learn for users who are new to MySQL. With Navicat well-designed Graphical User Interface, Navicat for MySQL lets you quickly and easily create, organize, access and share information in a secure and easy way, taking MySQL administration.

FileMaker Pro is an easy-to-use database software. It helps anyone with any type of task get things done faster. And it doesn’t matter if you’re a Mac or Windows user – you can create and share database applications with each other through a network, over the web, or in popular formats such as PDF. Millions of people just like you rely on FileMaker Pro every day to effortlessly manage and share their information.

The abbreviation "MAMP" stands for: Macintosh, Apache, Mysql and PHP. With just a few mouse-clicks, you can install Apache, PHP and MySQL for Mac OS X! MAMP installs a local server environment in a matter of seconds on your Mac OS X computer. MAMP comes free of charge. MAMP is installed in the typical Mac fashion: very easily. MAMP will not compromise any existing Apache installation already running with your OS X. You can install Apache, PHP and MySQL without starting a script or having to change any configuration files!