Thread: SBS Server various errors in error log

SBS Server various errors in error log

Due to power failure in SBS 2003, a number of events are generated in the error log. I had never seen such a long list of errors. It has become annoying to check solution for each of them. I went on Google to find out solutions, but it looks that very few number of answers are available. It is limited and so it is not easy to get rid of all. I even cannot ignore those errors, because that can put great impact on the server stability. There are around 40 workstations which are connected to the server.

Try to restore the metabsae.xml and mbschema.xml object files and then check back.It looks some internal components are failing due to which you are getting the error issue. One more reason can be IISAdmin which is not working. You can check out the working of IIS also. If metabase.bin is corrupted then you can get those kind of errors. This are service type errors which are not easy to fix. Try to find the solution and if it is still not fix until your server is working you can avoid clean installation.

re: SBS Server various errors in error log

suggestion 2 worked perfectly - done it through the manual setup and it worked!

Thank You!

was just wondering is there anyway of restoring old e-mails that were lost? i am pretty sure the server downloaded them, but i do not know where i can find them? they have not been forwarded to my inbox accounts..

is there anyway i can find them? i have lost about 4 days worth.

re: SBS Server various errors in error log

Wanted to post an update to this thread since it is high in the results for a google search for this problem.

For IIS6.0 on SBS 2003, metabase.xml files (replaces teh metabase.bin file of IIS5) are automatically kept in a history folder. To correct this problem in IIS6, rename %systemroot%\system32\inetsvr\metabase.xml to a backup name and copy a recent metabase XXXXX-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx.xml from the history folder under inetsvr back down to the inetsvr folder to replace it. Inetadmin should start after that as well as other non-functional services. I gave the machine a clean reboot after to verify operation, but mail started flowing and all seemed right with the world after replacing the file and starting the services. Here's more info from MS on the metabase in IIS6.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true