Thread: Can I use any charger on my Galaxy Note 2

Can I use any charger on my Galaxy Note 2

My charger has stopped working. I had seen some cheap charger on ebay which has the same kind of charging connector. So I just want to ask that can I use any kind of charger in my device. Or there must be some kind of specification. I am having a another android phone for which I am using a different charger. It works fine. Can I do the same for Galaxy Note also.

Re: Can I use any charger on my Galaxy Note 2

Better get the original one. You can find that on many shopping website at a good price. I do not really trust on those cheap china chargers. They come without warranty and cause damage to the phone battery if voltage is not proper.

Many people ignore chargers. They just go on shop and buy any cheap one and use it on their phone. But do you really think that charger is capable of giving your phone a good battery output. There are certain requirements of a phone on which basis the manufacturer design the charger. There is a big difference between using both. Now ignore the charger connector. That does not matter here. What matters is the voltage regulation. Now the most common type of charging option we have is usb. We can use any kind of usb cable and charge our device through pc. But some phones like Galaxy Note 2 or other branded device works well with original products. They need a specially designed charger which improves its battery output and also increase its lifetime. While other chargers are not capable of doing that. To find which charger will work fine with your phone you will need to check out the technical specification.The voltage info and other stuff. On that basis you can try to find the right charger.

I had seen that. Different charger comes with different kind of voltage output. Due to which sometime using them on devices can be harmful. Try to get the original one. That will sort out your issue.

My router has stopped working due to that. It came with a power adapter which was lost. So I used the one which came with cordless phone and due to that the router power jack was burned. That was due to high voltage. So here power adapter or charger really matters. You must never blindly buy them. Sticking with the original one is the best choice here. Because there you get a product which is optimized. While if you buy cheap one sometime they do not work properly. And sometime high voltage can cause damage to your device also. Especially for mobile phones you must buy the original charger. Now just behind the charger you can find all voltage information. That is the specification. On that basis you can go for some third party product. A charger might offer 5V current to your device while when you connect it to your pc via usb it might get more than 10v which can harm the battery. It is always better to stick with original products accessories only.