Thread: HTC One V or Sony Xperia Neo V?

HTC One V or Sony Xperia Neo V?

am planning to buy an android smart phone and I am quite confused as in which one to opt for. I have spoke to a number of friends and all but hardly matters. None of them could actually give me a proper answer on this. However, one of my very technically reliable suggested me to opt one among HTC One V or Sony Xperia Neo V. according to him both have done great in the market. But I am totally unaware of the features both these phones carry. Nor do I know what market review has these phones got.
    So what I expect from the experts of this forum is to kindly guide me through this and let me know what features and reviews do these phones hold. What I would expect is a poll sort of thing with due substance to support your vote for the product. The substance may be any feature that attracts you or any malfunction or flaw in the other phone. It definitely is not a very difficult task for you guys after having read so many articles and details and made such deep researches on these products. I am expecting I’ll have an answer when I close this thread

Re: HTC One V or Sony Xperia Neo V?

This is quite a tricky question. The decision would totally depend on what features are you looking for. Both the phones are equally good and have some striking features which is enough to blow your minds away and pull you to it. If you were some big business man, I would have recommended to buy both as none is a replacement to the other.
    One factor, wherein, One V score is that it has a huge internal memory of about 1 GB which is like, WOW! But, Xperia Neo one compensates this lack by it’s exciting and striking features like: front camera nd HDMI ports. The HDMI port in Xperia is what drives maximum people into it also, the front camera for the purpose of video calling is a big factor of purchase of Xperia Neo V.
    If ICS excites you, One V comes with pre-installed Ice Cream Sandwich which is terrific to use and is one of the latest and the best OS that has come up. But, if you chose NEO, let me tell you, you won’t have to wait for long either. Even Neo V will be upgraded to ICS in less than a month.
    As I mentioned in the starting itself. It is not about what we experts like, I have tried to enlist varied specifications of both the models but it is up to you what do you want to be there in your phone. How do you want it to work. How important is internal memory or front camera or any other feature for u. how much does the fact that you have the best OS, excite you

That was a very good piece of advice. But I guess, when Vento is very clear about the fact that he wants to know what others would opt to buy, I think, we should be doing it. For now, I would strongly recommend the use of Neo V for reasons that will follow. I have enlisted the list of striking specifications of Neo V, you can then make your choice.
    - It has an awesome set of accessories in it. It includes high quality Stereo headset and micro USB cable
    - It is one of the most eco-friendly phones available in market as of now with the below given eco features:

o It uses e-manual instead of normal paper manuals, thereby saving a considerable amount of tree cuts
    o It uses only recyclable plastic, which even if the phone is completely damaged can be used and should be considered a plus
    o It has a unique radiation filter which keeps you away from dangerous radiations and the problems that follow
    o It uses battery very wisely, thereby minimizing the choice of charging and all and consumption of minimum electricity
    - It has a screen which is considerably large and should be kept as a criteria of selection of the phone.
    The display is very big and has a 3.7 inch size which is considered as one of the most perfect sizes also, the resolution is 854 X 480 pixels, which is again good
    - The package contains a 2GB Memory card which comes for free and compensated to the lack of internal memory
    - It’s weight is another striking feature and it is extremely light weighted and fun to use. It weighs only 126.0 grams which is much less than many other
    - If you have an HD TV, you should not consider anything apart from Neo V because of the HDMI connecter that it comes with. It is awesome and woth using.
    An HDMI connector helps you view HD videos which has a resolution of 1280 x 720 and recorded with Sony Xperia neo V on the HD TV in High Definition
    - It is basically based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread which is an awesome OS and will be upgraded to ICS soon
    - The processor of this phone is like very powerful which is a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
    - It contains Mobile Bravia Engine for the display of videos and images, this gives it a real life kind of feel and looks really cool
    - It supports video chat on Gmail, anything else to ask for a SN crazy individual? Also, devices like dame controllers do wonder with it
    - The battery of this phone is very great and it works awesomely powerful. It comes with a Li-Po 1500 mAh standard battery
    - There is an application called Swipe text input which works in a similar fashion with that of a Swype
    - The facebook integration of the phone is worth a try and it works extremely great.
    Also, the reason why I wouldn’t chose One V over Neo V could be stated as follows:
    - It is quite low on RAM, considering the fact that it has ICS installed in it. It should at least have been 1GB and it should be very fast as compared to its current status
    - It doesn’t have a front camera, which means no use of video chat and 3G technologies. Front camera is sort of a must these days
    - Its WiFi has severe issues and it shows signs of a very serious connection problem and a serious software bug which demands quick fix
    - There is no alternate ways of locking or unlocking the phones, there should be a use of something else apart from mere power button thing

The issues you came up with doesn’t really matter to me and is very small when compared to the problems that are faced by Neo V users throughout the globe which are as given below:
    • It is 13 mm thick which can be termed thick for a bar phone and is considered as a flaw with this phone these days
    • You call it light weighted but I call it overweighed. Compare it with other so-called ‘Light weighed phones’ and you will get an answer to this
    • The screen is undoubtedly very large but what is the touch screen area? It does not give you a proper service when this factor is considered
    • It takes minutes to start up and is a big time patience demanding phone
    • It has a severe and a known problem of lagging and hanging which is enough to kick any phone out of consideration list
    • It is still on Gingerbread(Don’t know why were you flaunting about it) where as market has moved to ICS
    Whereas, I would strongly recommend the purchase and use of One V over neo V for the following reasons:
    • It has an SLCD 2 display which is considered as excellent and it also gives crisp, bright and great display. The color saturation is also beautiful
    • It is just 9mm thick and the metal finish gives it a very classy look. It has looks to die for and carrying this phone adds to the stature of the user
    • It is very very light weight and is very neatly and perfectly designed
    • It isn’t very big or very small. Phones above 4” can be considered big and phones below 3.2” can be considered very big
    • It has ICS 4 and is among the extremely few and fresh lot to start using it in the price range that it is available
    • Beats audio, beats almost all other audio providers and gives excellent sound and music quality.
    • The battery backup of this phone is commendable. It has a higher life than that of Neo for sure