Thread: WIFI connection drops with Acer iconia A500

WIFI connection drops with Acer iconia A500

I have bought Acer Iconia Tab A500 and it has suddenly started giving me problem. Whenever I connect my tablet with my WIFI network at that time it works fine for some time and then internet connection drops suddenly. I have tried to fins solution on internet but that does not help me to solve this problem.

Re: WIFI connection drops with Acer iconia A500

In have you installed any application related to WIFI in your Acer iconia A500? If you have installed then I will suggest you to first uninstall that application from your Acer iconia A500 and then you have to turn of your tablet and after that turn it on again and after that connect your tablet with your WIFI network and then check whether you are getting same problem or not? I am telling you this because I was also facing same problem with my table also and then I have come to know that WIFI application in my tablet was causing this problem. now after that I have removed WIFI application from my tablet and then my problem get solved. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

First thing I would like to tell you is which router you are using? As far as I know this is common problem with many tablets. You may try to solve this problem by changing router setting like WPA/WPA2 to WEP and altering channel to below 11. I am not sure whether it will help you or not but you can try this solution. You have to also try to solve this problem by removing all saved WIFI network from tablet and then you have to restart your device and then you have to add WIFI network again. After doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem only.

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    First thing I would like to tell you is which router you are using? As far as I know this is common problem with many tablets. You may try to solve this problem by changing router setting like WPA/WPA2 to WEP and altering channel to below 11. I am not sure whether it will help you or not but you can try this solution. You have to also try to solve this problem by removing all saved WIFI network from tablet and then you have to restart your device and then you have to add WIFI network again. After doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem only.
    I have removed all saved WIFI network and from my tablet but after doing that also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried to change the channel setting or security mode for my router but I don’t know how to do that. Please help me with this. Thank you in advance.

You have to try these steps to change wireless security mode and channel setting.

• First go to the router configuration page.
    • Select wireless tab.
    • Now select wireless security option.
    • Click on security mode dropdown box.
    • Select desired security mode
    • Click on save setting.

In my case I was also experiencing same problem with my Motorola Xoom tablet and then I have first thought that problem is with my router setting but after changing router setting also I was experiencing same problem. Now after that I have connected my tablet with different router but after doing that also I was also facing same problem. Now after that I have done factory reset in my tablet and after doing factory reset when I connected my tablet with my WIFI network at that time it worked properly. you should also try this solution and then your problem might get solved.

I will also suggest you reset your Acer iconia A500 tablet. I am also using Acer iconia A500 tablet and after trying all possible solution also I was experiencing same problem. Now after that I have come to know that by resetting the tablet I can solve this problem and then I have done factory reset in my device and then my problem get solved.

After resetting your Acer iconia A500 tablet also if you are experiencing same problem then I will suggest you to contact Acer support and tell them about the problem which you are facing. After that they will check your tablet and give you solution according to that.