Thread: Getting echo on Plantronics Savi 740

Getting echo on Plantronics Savi 740

I really like this product but I am having some problem with this. Actually I am getting emcho of the voice every time. This is not the problem when I am using the Cisco VoIP phone. Do you have some idea that why this is happening to me and how can I get this problem resolved. If you have any helpful idea then please let me know that. I will be appreciative to all the replies for this.

Re: Getting echo on Plantronics Savi 740

If this happens again then you can also try by just turning down the volume from the phone. If this solves the problem then you can simply adjust a few audio from the headset base and nit will solve the problem permanently.

The first thing that you have to ensure that you have connected the wireless headset from the telephone handset port. This must not be connected to the headset JACK. The Cisco headset jack is made just for the CORDED headsets and not wireless headsets. A few of the times while a wireless phone headset is attached with the corded headset jack then it is possible that you will get the echo. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

You may require decreasing your talk volume also. This is a balancing act. I have found that this is often the volume of phone as well as the headset volume. This is generally the talk volume. You can try by turning the phone volume down to some extend and after that the mic volume. I am quite sure that it will solve the problem for you. If it fails to work then you can try on some other phone as well. If you are still having the same issue then it is the problem with the headset. See if that is under warranty or not. If that is under warranty then just go for that but it will be better for you to check the volume thing first.

There might be something wrong from the service provider. I me an the network so just contact to the service provider and ask them about this issue. They will tell you if this is from their side and they will also hep you o get the problem resolved. This is one of the most possible reasons for this.