Thread: Can I use Tether Hack on Motorola Droid 4 with RadioComm?

Can I use Tether Hack on Motorola Droid 4 with RadioComm?

Hello friends, I was thinking that I can use the Tether Hack with the RadioComm on Motorola Droid 4; I was trying to work it but the application was not able to detect it. I have enabled the Verizon's Tether on the phone. I am having the unlimited data plan and when check the bill not having any additional cost to it. I also wanted to know that Verizon is charging for the Tether or not? So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Can I use Tether Hack on Motorola Droid 4 with RadioComm?

I am also having the same plan and when I have seen it carefully then I have founded it should be $24 per month for tethering. I have rooted the phone and install the Wi-Fi Tether 3.1 beta 11 apk on to it; I am using it and it working nicely for me. I would not take chance to use the Verizon's application, as if you started using it and not getting charged extra then they will be start charging you in future. So you cannot say anything about it.

If you wanted to use, then I would suggest that you better go the Foxfi. It is perfect application for Motorola Droid 4 and worked fine. I have tried it and you can get it from the android market, so just search and install it.

I am having the Motorola Droid X3 and I have got the Verizon "Tethering or hotspot active" notification. I have not got any warning or paywell screen on the phone and also checked the bill they was no changed it, I do not think that they might add something in the future, so there is no think about it. If you are using the unlimited plan then you might not get any change in plan. Where the application is been concern I do not know much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    I am having the Motorola Droid X3 and I have got the Verizon "Tethering or hotspot active" notification. I have not got any warning or paywell screen on the phone and also checked the bill they was no changed it, I do not think that they might add something in the future, so there is no think about it. If you are using the unlimited plan then you might not get any change in plan. Where the application is been concern I do not know much about it.
    If such thing is happening then it is normal thing. Let me tell you that the stock application is just modified version of the built in tethering mechanism when the AWT sets the prop it will tell the system that tethering is one of the stock application which is getting triggered. If you use the CyanogenMod 7 then also it will tell you.