Thread: Synchronizing iPhone with iTunes

Synchronizing iPhone with iTunes

I am using the iTunes for synchronizing my IPhone 4 with my computer. I have installed the iTunes on my computer but when I connect my computer with the iphone then it shows me some error message. Actually I am switching from my old computer to the new one, can you tell me that what the procedure is. Thank you so much in advance for replying to this.

Re: Synchronizing iPhone with iTunes

I would like to tell you that if you Syncing an iDevice with the new computer will not transfer anything. First of all the media and after that other significant files must be copied/moved from the previous computer to the new one.

If you want you can set iPhone or iPod touch to sync with only part of the contents of your computer. For example, you may want to sync only a group of contacts from your address book, or you may want to sync only songs from certain playlists not to fill your iPhone or iPod touch with all your music. Use iTunes on your computer to configure which items are synced. See to it that you are having the latest version of the itunes installed on your computer.

You are surely going to lose some of the data and I am saying this for the fact that the iDevices are not the backup devices, If you failed to move the media from the old computer then kyou will not get that. Apple will only give you offer to download previous purchases as of the iTunes otherwise move iTunes purchased content as of the devices.

Make sure you have installed iPhone OS 5 and the latest version of iTunes onto your Mac or PC, also make sure that iPhone and PC / Mac connected to the same wireless network. At this point, connect your device to iTunes via USB cable and follow the following steps:
    1. Select the device from the left column
    2. From the main menu, go to Table of Contents, scroll down and check the "Activate Sync this iPhone via Wi-Fi"
    3. Click Apply at the bottom right
    4. Unplug the iPhone from the USB port
    5. From iPhone, go to Settings / General and select Sync Wi-Fi iTunes.
    6. Click Sync to start synchronization.

You should log into your user account on the computer before connecting iPhone or iPod touch. If you connect more than one iPhone or iPod touch to the same user account, use the same settings for each otherwise you may face the problems like this.

If you configure a new device IOS or if you need to restore information from one of your equipment iOS5, the Backup icloud does the structural work. You can save your data by connecting your device to a Wi-Fi network and enter your Apple ID and password. It is better to be connected via Wi-Fi to download purchases, but you can activate cellular data to make downloads on the Orange network. Activation of cellular data can lead a risk of overcharging if you do not have an offer with mobile Internet.

If you only want to transfer the purchase and not the content then you can do this very easily. Just choose File and select Transfer purchase.

If you want to transfer your entire iTunes library from your old to your new computer, just copy the entire iTunes folder from your old pc to the new one. Make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your new PC. When opening iTunes press the Shift key and "Choose" the iTunes Library.itl that is located in your iTunes folder (the one you just copied from the old PC). This way you can contine syncing your iphone without having to erase and sync it (no error message any more). If it's not the erase and sync message that you get, it would probably be helpful if you tell us what kind of error message shows up (if its still relevant).
    Ben