Thread: How to change the startup tone in Motorola Droid?

How to change the startup tone in Motorola Droid?

I have recently bought a Motorola Droid and I am not having any such issue with it but then in the starting when I used to turn it on then it used to say “Drrrrrrroid” but then now it is not, instead of that there is a ringing/chirping sound and I want to get rid of the same, is there anyone who has an idea regarding how to do that?

Re: How to change the startup tone in Motorola Droid?

I have recently bought a Motorola Droid and I am not having any such issue with it but then in the starting when I used to turn it on then it used to say “Drrrrrrroid” but then now it is not, instead of that there is a ringing/chirping sound and I want to get rid of the same, is there anyone who has an idea regarding how to do that?
    Even I am having the same phone but then I have not yet heard the same as you have mentioned and as far as the ringing/chirping sound is concerned it is the notification sound of the OS prepping the SD card, I don’t think that there is any setting to change the same.

No I am quite sure that it used to say droiid and I think that some setting has been changes without my knowledge because if which I am not getting the same sound back rather than the ringing/chirping sound, I think that there might be a setting to change it back to the original sound but then I have not yet found the same, I have been through all the possible settings that I could have changed but then it did not helped. Is there anyone else who has an idea about this??

I wanted to add that yes it is a sd notification but then you can get the same sound back, in order to do the same just go in to the sound and display settings and then just check the notification if it is uncheck and then you will get the original notification that you were having previously, just check it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not.

Yes this feature is also available in the Blackberry phone, where the startup sounds is 'ting! And you can disable it in the Options-Accessibility-Event Sounds-Off, might be similar in yours, just check it out.