Thread: How to change personalized onscreen greeting in Motorola Droid 2

How to change personalized onscreen greeting in Motorola Droid 2

Two days ago, I purchased the Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone for myself. This is my very first Android mobile phone, so I am not that much familiar with its features and functioning. So, I wanted to change/edit the greetings that I see on the unlock screen when I am starting the Droid 2 mobile phone. Does anyone have any idea about this feature, who is using or already used the Droid mobile and this feature, than please reply to my post and help me. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to change personalized onscreen greeting in Motorola Droid 2

I am not sure about the Android mobile phones, but I am assuming that as this is something related to your mobile phones display screen, most probably the path for changing the settings in order to achieve what you are asking for will be located in the Settings/ Display. So I would recommend you to first tap on the home screen of your mobile and then go to the settings option. Finally go t the Display settings and perform the necessary changes for your mobile, as per your choice.

According to me you should read on the manuals which you must have received along with the mobile phone when you actually purchased the mobile phone. You can read on the manuals for your Motorola Droid 2 mobile phone and know all the necessary details and steps to change the settings in your mobile phone. Usually the manual book will be a very small book, written in different languages. It comes along with the accessories of your mobile phone.

Thank you, guys for spending some time typing the entire reply and posting it just to get my issue solved. I did as you have mentioned. Read entire manual books which came along with the mobile phone, but nothing seems to have changed. Still, I am unable to find how to change the unlock screen of my Motorola Droid 2 which is running Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System in it. So, please if anyone has got any other suggestion for my query, than please feel free to reply.

As you have mentioned, in your post that the Motorola Droid 2 Smartphone which you are using is an Android phone. So it is for sure there might be many different apps available on the Android Market which might help you do as you are wishing to do in your mobile phone. So, I would recommend you to visit the official website of Android Market and search for the apps which would change the homescreen or the lock/unlock screen of your mobile phone. You can find free or paid apps.

I would recommend you to use this application called Contact Owner in order solve the problem which you were talking about. Contact owner is an application which you can easily find on the official website of Android Market. It is an app on Android AppBrain and helps the user to show contact’s information when your device is locked. The app will make it possible only for the finder to contact me. You can even change the lock screen or the introduction screen by just selecting yours or your friend's contact list and then selecting the information you want displayed on your device.

There are many apps in the Android Market which help you show a lock screen message. One such apps which I have been using in my phone from pretty long time is AVG Antivirus app for Android mobile phones. It has got the capability to show messages when the screen of the phone is locked. The AVG is very good, as along with displaying messages it also scan and protect your system from any kind of virus attack.