Thread: Are there any dead pixels on your blackberry playbook?

Are there any dead pixels on your blackberry playbook?

Hi, I bought my blackberry playbook recently and it’s an awesome device but the problem is that from last 1-2 day I found dead pixels on my playbook and it’s in right in the center. The dead pixels are only noticeable on black background. I heard that it is a common problem in blackberry playbook, so I want to ask to blackberry playbook user whether also have same dead pixels issue?

Re: Are there any dead pixels on your blackberry playbook?

Yap, even I had found dead pixel on brand new blackberry playbook, it was hard to believe because it was the second day of my playbook. I think that it was factory fault so I exchange it for another one.

First on normally checking I don’t found any dead pixels on my blackberry playbook, but when I check my playbook by putting brightness full and then I download some application for dead pixel check, after checking both the way I found some dead pixels on my playbook, it’s really annoying I guess this is problem with most of playbook. So guy’s check your playbook properly again.

Have 3 dead pixels on my blackberry playbook, I was very worried when I saw it for first time, but now I got use to it and don’t have any problem with it. I even gave name to three of them.

No, I don’t have any dead pixel on my playbook. I downloaded an application called display test and ran it along with minimum and maximum brightness adjustment to check but still don’t find any dead pixels on my playbook felling very lucky. Those who have found dead pixels on their playbook do something to fix it because it get’s spread all over display by time.

I don’t find display test application so I download other free application called flashing application for check dead pixels, and I was very happy because i don’t find any dead pixels. For those who find dead pixels in there playbook don’t worry RIM will cover it replace it within warranty period.

First I had blackberry playbook of 16 GB it had a lot of dust collected on under my screen, so I replaced it and got new 32 GB playbook which had dead pixels. I am still sticking with blackberry playbook because I am waiting for OS2 to be released. So I replaced it with the other 32 GB playbook In which I also notice a dead pixel but usually it is seen on a black background and the most funny thing is that I don’t see it when I am reading mu eBooks on dark mode, it may be because the background is not that dark.

Hey even I have same problem of dead pixels which appears when I on my playbook. But when I check the dead pixel by doing brightness adjustment and on black screen I don’t find it, so I don’t care whether it is dead pixel or any other problem my device is running properly.