Thread: Samsung galaxy y is not getting connected to android market

Samsung galaxy y is not getting connected to android market

I have recently bought a Samsung galaxy y and the problem that I am having with the same is that when I am trying to connect to the android market then I am getting a error message saying that “cannot set up a reliable data connection” there is not problem in the internet connection that I am using as I am not having any problem in using the other accounts and websites using the phone, I am getting the error only for the android market. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Samsung galaxy y is not getting connected to android market

I have recently bought a Samsung galaxy y and the problem that I am having with the same is that when I am trying to connect to the android market then I am getting a error message saying that “cannot set up a reliable data connection” there is not problem in the internet connection that I am using as I am not having any problem in using the other accounts and websites using the phone, I am getting the error only for the android market. Is there anyone who can help me out??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just wanted to know that is your phone carrier branded, I am asking so because even I have faced the same problem previously with my Symbian phone which was actually branded by Tmobile and because of which I was not allowed the enter the Playnow Arena, where as on the other side my brother having the same as unbranded was able to access Playnow Arena, I think that you are having the same case like of me.

I think that should try clearing the Market data and see if it is making any difference, in order to do the same just follow the below steps:

Just go in to the Push menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > and then just scroll down to Market and tap on it > and then Clear data the data.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I am having the same problem and even I am not having any problem in accessing any other thing over the internet, I don’t know why but then I am not able to set up account for the following ones:
    • Google account
    • Android market account

I don’t think that there should be a problem in setting up account for the Google account, I just wanted to know that what error you are getting, just post the same here for further help.

I really don’t know what is wrong, I have been accessing Facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc without any such problem but then I am not able to do the same for the google and the android market account, below is the error messages that I have received:

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"

"This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care."

I have solved the issue by just enabling the background data in settings and I am quite sure that this will solve the problem, so just try it out and let us know if it does.

Yes you can try out clearing the data but then you should also enable background data in settings so if you have not done the same then just do the same now and then follow the above steps as well and see if it is allowing you to connect to the android market or not.

Yes you can try out clearing the data but then you should also enable background data in settings so if you have not done the same then just do the same now and then follow the above steps as well and see if it is allowing you to connect to the android market or not.
    The above solution worked out for me and I have also created the account and I am able to access both account as well.