Thread: Genius playlist is no more available in iTunes match on iPhone 4S

Genius playlist is no more available in iTunes match on iPhone 4S

The Genius feature, introduced in iTunes 8, automatically generates a playlist of songs from the user’s library that are kind of like the chosen song. I’m using this feature lots as a result of my library is sort of intensive and Genius surprises me each currently and then with a song that I didn’t understand I even had. However, if you enable iTunes Match on iPhone ,the Genius feature won't be obtainable anymore. Yep, Genius has left the spot . additionally missing are the dynamically created, genre-based Genius Mixes playlists. did anyone notice that

Re: Genius playlist is no more available in iTunes match on iPhone 4S

I also known these days that Genius doesn’t work. that's an enormous drawback with me. the most important reason why I actually have an iPhone is for that feature, otherwise i might be on Android. By the method you'll be able to download the upper bit rates copies. simply take away your copy from the iTunes database. You don’t ought to delete the music file, simply take away it from iTunes.then the matched version of the song is all that’s obtainable in iTunes. at this time simply click download and there’s your 256kb aac.

Genius gone! That’s was particular show stopper for me. I hope Apple isn't brooding about abandoning Genius. that will throw them back to stone age where all the opposite “normal” are crawling around. want I had known concerning losing Genius, I wouldn’t have bought Match. Otherwise i prefer it.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this drawback, however the atomic image for generating Genius lists disappeared from song titles on my iPhone 4S in the Music app when upgrading to iTunes Match. Another weird behavior is that Genius lists I produce on my MacBook professional using iTunes do transfer to my iPhone 4S via iTunes Match, however cannot be refreshed on the iPhone4S.

I have IOS 5.0.1 and iTunes Match plus that i too become aware of this problem. I presume it happens across the board though am confident they're going to address it previous to too long. I also expect they're going to speak to the limitation of not supporting playlists in iTunes Match that talk to good playlists.

I use genius all the time and was terribly unhappy to search out that iTunes Match will, in fact, disable genius. i am undecided if Apple officially states this anywhere however there are undoubtedly others on this forums that are having constant bother because of this don't you .

Apple will officially state this within the iTunes Help "Note: If you subscribe to iTunes Match, Genius is turned off" you'll be able to realize this by checking out "genius" in iTunes facilitate, and then clicking the "Genius playlists and Genius Mixes" heading. It's listed underneath "Play a Genius playlist or Genius Mix". there's no any rationalization within the facilitate on WHY this is often, though.

I signed up for iTunes Match these days and on my iPhone 4S I will not realize the choice to form a genius playlist. The icon is not any longer within the center of the song bar. And facilitate please. I actually have seen it too, however you'll be able to still build Genius playlists through iTunes on your laptop. Save them and they're going to be accessible everywhere. it isn't constant, however it's higher than nothing for the short term.

iTunes will produce playlists known as “Genius playlists from songs in your library that go nice along.In addition to making playlists based mostly on specific songs, iTunes will flip your library into a collection of commercial-free radio stations taking part in your favorite music from your library. this is often known as a “Genius combine.”To produce Genius playlists and Genius Mixes, iTunes uses anonymous info concerning your library and different iTunes libraries. to form Genius playlists and use Genius Mixes, you need to activate Genius, be connected to the web, and have an Apple ID. Genius could be a free service. If you subscribe to iTunes Match, Genius is turned off.

Ever since I subscribed to iTunes Match, I will not produce a Genius Playlist based mostly on a selected song on my iPhone 4S running five.0.1. I usually use this feature with Voice management whereas driving to "Play a lot of songs like this , however it invariably replies "Genius isn't obtainable." i do know it is not as a result of Genius isn't obtainable for the actual song as a result of I've tried it with songs I've used before. It's simply not there for songs anymore, and that i have over fifteen,000 songs occurrence on my iPhone using Match and "Show All

Yes. you would like to disable iTunes Match to urge Genius back, sadly, it's mentioned, though not clearly. It's within the support documents.. Disappointing. Hope they're going to fix this soon.