Thread: Overheating in Samsung galaxy nexus

Overheating in Samsung galaxy nexus

I have purchased this Samsung galaxy nexus a weeks before and it’s best in performance and other features. The only thing that’s make me a little worried is the warmth of the phone. I mean my phone gets heated after 20 to 30 minutes of using. The front part at the top and back part near the camera feels like its burning. The same thing happens when I put my phone on charge.
    I would like to know if anybody facing the same overheating problem? Or it’s normal for the smart phone to get heated when using or charging it?
    Or should I visit the dealer for because it’s a new phone and I don’t want any of the issues in future.

Re: Overheating in Samsung galaxy nexus

I am having the same smart phone likes yours Samsung galaxy nexus. Even my phone gets heated after a while using it or when put on charging. I think the heating in the electronic devices is normal. So don’t worry. Have you installed any heavy games on your phone?

I too have Samsung galaxy nexus and I have the heating sensation while using the phone for the navigation process on my car and a little bit while charging. It does also get hot when I use it while the phone is on charging and downloading some heavy apps.
    The reason behind the phone getting hot is that when the electric charge flows from battery to the phone through wiring and circuit boards they generate “heat”. And more electric heat is generated near the listening part that is at the top and near the battery that is at the back part.
    If your battery is bulging out a little. Change it before it creates any more problems.

Samsung nexus getting hot is normal if you are using it continuously without giving it any break. Like if you are on a phone call for an hour, using your phone with heavy apps, continuous playing games on android, etc. After continuous use if you feel it’s too hot to handle just remove the battery from the phone and let the battery to cool. Put the battery again in your Samsung nexus and check whether it’s fine now.

If still your‘s Samsung nexus smart phone gives the burning sense at backside part or at the top of the phone. And if the smart phone over heats a lot causing the phone to switch off repeatedly. Then it may be the Hardware issue of your mobile. If the nexus is in warranty period try to have a talk from the dealer. Hope I have helped you!!