Thread: Unable to charge Dell Inspiron 1011 mini battery

Unable to charge Dell Inspiron 1011 mini battery

Question:
    I have recently purchased Dell Inspiron 1011 mini laptop. It was in good condition till today. I found out that the battery is not charging. When I insert the AC adapter message comes like “The AC power adapter type unable be determined” and it blinks white and amber. If I remove the battery and insert the AC adapter then there is no flashing LED. Please help me regarding this problem. I don’t want to buy a new battery. Please help me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to charge Dell Inspiron 1011 mini battery

Blinking of white light means, the laptop is in standby mode and blinking of amber light means the battery charge is very low, u need to connect the AC adapter to your laptop to charge the battery. What happens when just the battery is connected and the AC adapter is not connected to the laptop????

When only battery is connected and the AC adapter is not connected to the laptop, the laptop will not flash any light.

You have taken this laptop recently?? Then you will surely have the warranty card. Dell will replace your battery or repair it because I think this battery is not in working condition now. Drop to any dell store or retail outlet they will check your battery examine it and if they feel that it is not working they will offer you new battery for free as you will have the warranty card.

You can call Dell’s technical customer service no. as they will give you the accurate information about problem. Skilled and trained experts will offer u pin point suggestions and u will get refrain from this tension. Here are some Dell’s technical customer service nos.- 1800-425-8045,1800-425-9052.

I think u should remove the battery from the laptop and check the connectors are properly connected or not. If it is still not working you should replace through your warranty card.

Thanks a lot buddies for all your suggestions. I tried as u suggested but nothing has worked. It is as before. I will replace it from dell as I have the warranty card and they have listed that they will give two batteries in warranty card period.