Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows only number while receiving the call

BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows only number while receiving the call

I have BlackBerry Bold 9790 mobile phone and I am very happy with this mobile phone. Now problem is whenever I get call on my BlackBerry Bold 9790 at that time it does not show name of the contact but it only display the number of the contact. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows only number while receiving the call

I don’t know whether this information will help you or not but normally this problem occurs when any number is saved in your mobile phone memory and your SIM card also. You should first check whether same number is saved in both place or not. if it is saved in both place then you have to remove it from any one place and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem occurring or not. Many times by trying this trick this type of problem can get solved.

Yes having same number on the both memory can cause this problem. You should go to the contacts in your mobile phone and the press the menu key and then you have to go to the SIM contacts and then press menu key again and then copy all contacts then remove from your SIM memory and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

You are getting this problem while getting call from any particular contact or this problem occurs while receiving the call from every contact in your BlackBerry Bold 9790. If this problem occurs while receiving the call from any particular contact then I think you should first remove that contact from your BlackBerry Bold 9790 mobile phone and after removing the contact from your BlackBerry Bold 9790 you have to create the contact again and after creating the contact again you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

If you are facing this problem with every contact then their might be problem with your BlackBerry Bold 9790 mobile phone. I think this information will be helpful for you.

I am aware of this problem because similar thing happen with me also and I will suggest you to first you have to take the backup of all the contact from your BlackBerry Bold 9790 and after taking the backup of all the contacts you have to remove all the contacts from your BlackBerry Bold 9790 and after that you have to restart the BlackBerry Bold 9790 phone and after restarting the mobile phone you have to restore the contacts again in your phone and then check whether your problem get solved or not.

This problem occurs with all the contacts in my mobile phone and I have also tried to solve this problem by moving all the contacts from my SIM card to my phone memory but after trying that also I get the same problem.

I have also taken the backup of all the contacts from my phone to my mobile phone and after that I have removed all the contacts then I have restart the device and then I have restored the contacts again but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

I have gone though the problem which you facing and I will suggest you to reset your BlackBerry Bold 979 phone and after resetting the BlackBerry Bold 9790 you have to restore all your data in your phone and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

To perform reset you have to go to the options in your BlackBerry Bold 9790 and then you have to select the security option and after selecting the security option you have to select the general option. Now you need to press menu key and then choose the Wipe Handheld. Now after that it will wipe all the things from your device and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Try this solution and let me know whether your problem gets solved or not.

If you get the same problem after using the Wipe Handheld in your BlackBerry Bold 9790 then I think there might be problem with the BlackBerry Bold 9790 phone software. You can try to reload the blackberry software by connecting your BlackBerry Bold 9790 with your computer or laptop but If your mobile phone is in the warranty period then you should contact the blackberry service center and after that you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing with the contacts in your BlackBerry Bold 9790 and after that they will check your mobile phone and gives you proper solution.

I hope after visiting the blackberry service center your problem will get solved.

I was also having problem with the contacts in my blackberry device and after that I have reload the blackberry software and after reloading the blackberry software all the things started working properly. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.