Thread: Overheating Asus laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Overheating Asus laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

I am having the ASUS G51Vx-X3A MB laptop and this is with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M. I m using this from last one year and that does not shows me any problem with this. Now I have stated playing the WoW on this and found that the temperature of the laptop goes very high as expected from this. It goes up to the level where I cant hold that anymore. This is very weird as I have played many games on this laptop earlier but not have seen the issues like this. Can you guess that what is the problem with this and how can I get this solved. Please let me know if you have any idea regarding this.

Re: Overheating Asus laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

I think that the system that you are using is not fulfilling the requirement for the game and because of that you are getting the issues like this, so what you can do is, check for the minimum system requirement for the game and compare that with the one that you are using.

It is normal that laptop get heated when playing games or running any high end application. My suggestion to you is to make use of some good cooling pad with the laptop and this will solve the problem for you.

Are you sure there is no major programs running in the background or something? I know my laptop, an Acer, typically record temperatures between 70 and 80 ° C. And this is when a lot of applications running in the background. When I work on the battery, then the temperature drops to around 40 ° C, partly because there are not many programs running in the background.This could be one of the possible reason for this and you must check for this once. If you have any such application running then please close that and see if that shows you the same thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    Are you sure there is no major programs running in the background or something? I know my laptop, an Acer, typically record temperatures between 70 and 80 ° C. And this is when a lot of applications running in the background. When I work on the battery, then the temperature drops to around 40 ° C, partly because there are not many programs running in the background.This could be one of the possible reason for this and you must check for this once. If you have any such application running then please close that and see if that shows you the same thing or not.
    I would like to tell you that the laptop record high temperatures and if you want to work on battery but this will also fall immediately. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that you are running high processes.

This might be the problem of the game. Though there are very less chances for this but if you want then you can try to reinstall the game with a fresh setup and see if this reduces the temperature of the system. I hope that you will be out of the issue soon.

The graphic driver that you have installed in your computer may be outdated and this is the reason that the laptop is getting overheated while playing the game. So just go to the nVidia official site and from there, just upgrade to the latest available driver version and see if that can let you out of the issue or not. Please reply with the result of that.

There are many of the softwares available which will help you to get the exact temperature of the system. Post with the same and then we will help you to get this issue solved.