Thread: Unable to charge Samsung Transform Ultra through USB

Unable to charge Samsung Transform Ultra through USB

HI, I have recently gotten my first smartphone that’s Samsung transform ultra but don’t know what could be the problem as when ever I put the mobile on charging through the PC, I saw the Samsung logo come on, and then a graphic of a battery that I presume is supposed to look like it is charging.

Subsequently after sometime the screen goes faint and after that shuts off, and starts over again with the samsung logo. The same procedure repeats until I disconnect the phone from the machine. Is there any boy having same problem with the phone? Please let m know what could be the possible solution for this. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to charge Samsung Transform Ultra through USB

I don’t know what could be the problem over here, but still first let me know don’t you have charger for the mobile? In addition, if you have then according to me you should try to make use of the same rather than charging the mobile with the PC.

you should make sure whether the phone is getting detected by your computer or not, because it might be possible as the phone is not getting detected and that’s why it couldn’t charging up.

In fact I have also heard that we need to have PC companion installed in the phone in order to get the phone detected, so have you installed that companion as well?

I think it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the phone and that’s why you must be having this kind of problem with the phone, thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone once and see whether you are getting any variation or not.

I am sure you must be aware as there are two ways for doing this that’s soft resetting and hard resetting, thus you should make sure as you have make a backup copy of the important data so that you can recover it whenever you want to or else they will be wiped out and will not ne recoverable once got wiped.

- have you ever tried the same thing with another data cable? Because there could be some problem with the one that you are using. But first let me know whether you are using the original one that you have gotten with the phone itself?

I've never accede to my phone go entirely dead and subsequently attempted to charge it by means of USB, but I believe it would do the similar result. That's on the assumption that the Ultra has a Lithium Ion battery in it as well and that’s most modern phones do. I do recall reading somewhere that whilst dead, the battery requires that little bit of extra "kick" to initiate the charge process once again so your assumption is probably correct and it requires the wall charger to charge correctly If it wasn't dead, USB charging is fine.

I think it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware installed in the phone and that’s why you must be having this kind of problem with the phone, thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone once and see whether you are getting any variation or not.

I am sure you must be aware as there are two ways for doing this that’s soft resetting and hard resetting, thus you should make sure as you have make a backup copy of the important data so that you can recover it whenever you want to or else they will be wiped out and will not ne recoverable once got wiped.
    Though I am agree with the above user but still I don’t think resetting the firmware will help you any ways, thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the firmware in the phone and see whether you are getting the same problem or what?

Because if so than it might be possible as there could be some problem with the hardware in the phone and that’s why It couldn’t be able to charge however.

you should visit the service center for the same and see what they are saying about it, because see if there could be any problem with the hardware then in that case it will be replaced once again without paying any cost as I assuming the device will be in the warranty period.

Have you ever tried the same thing with another data cable? Because there could be some problem with the one that you are using. But first let me know whether you are using the original one that you have gotten with the phone itself?
    Well, after attempting with the dissimilar cords and chargers around the house, I managed to get it to stay on the battery charging graphic devoid of shutting off. subsequent to that after about an hour of charging that way, I tried turning it on to observe if it would power up- everything looks fine now, and it is ongoing to charge though plugged into my USB.