Thread: Strange noises coming from the Brand new dell XPS 15

Strange noises coming from the Brand new dell XPS 15

I have recently bought the new dell xps 15 laptop for myself but using after few days what I have found out is that, my laptop have started generating some strange noise whenever I try to listen to the music or any audio file. The sound remains for few seconds and then goes away, the sound is so irritating and as though the sound comes in regular intervals of 35-40mins and washes away on its own. So what should I do now, as I don’t want to harm my laptop by doing some weird experiments on it as the laptop is brand new, so show some easy way through which I can solve this issue.

Re: Strange noises coming from the Brand new dell XPS 15

First thing I want to ask you is that have you reinstalled the sound drivers in your laptop. If not then you should try to uninstall the sound drivers and reinstall the sound drivers and reboot the laptop again and check it whether you are receiving the sound again which you use to get earlier in your laptop while listening any of the audio file.

I would like to know what is the config of your laptop. And since when you started getting problems in the laptop.

My dell xps laptop config is as follows :-

OS – windows 7 (64 bit)
    CPU – i7 quad core
    RAM – 4 GB of ram
    HDD – 1 TB

As unnecessary sound is coming from the dell xps laptop whenever you try to play the audio in your laptop. But what I want to tell you is that have you tried doing switching back to the default factory settings, if not then I must say that try to set to the last known good config in your system or do the system recovery and check whether you are getting the sound still or have vanished after doing this. Because system recovery will help you to get back to the known good system where you had no trubles in playing the sound.

I tried doing the above method shown but didn’t work with any of it. I tried reinstalling the drivers , tried doing with the system recovery this too didn’t work. So now what should I do for getting back to the normal sound as this strange sound is really screwing me out. Any other ideas ???

I use to get the same problem for my dell xps L502X , the problem was that I use to get the some sound which was continuously humming on my back of the audio sound. So I went searching all over even on the company official forum but didn’t find anything. So one of the friend told me that you should try downloading this from the intel website. so I tried doing the same and downloaded the file from the intel website and installed it in the laptop and when I checked it after doing this, I found out that the sound was working properly and never had the issue after this.

So my suggestion to you is that try downloading the drivers from the intel website instead of downloading from the dell website as the drivers on the dell website are old one whereas the drivers on the intel site are the newer one so it is preferred to try from the intel site.

If you are not getting the solution from the any of the above methods then it is suggested that you should try to contact the dell support care as they will try to solve out the issue, since you have tried with all above methods and still persisting with the same problem. So you should contact them and discuss the issue with them ..hope you will get the precise solution for your laptop.