Thread: In HP Pavilion dv6, Horizontal flickering lines on screen

In HP Pavilion dv6, Horizontal flickering lines on screen

Before few days ago, I have bought the new HP Pavilion dv6. From the first day only I am getting problem with the screen on this machine. And the problem is that when I turn off the screen or I try with close the lid to let the notebook sleep at that time I see the two to three horizontal white lines flicker on the screen. And this thing continues after the every few seconds until I again started the machine. Why this is happening with me?? Can here anyone suggest me about this?? this is due to the screen is faulty or this is due to the drivers of my system? What you all will say for this?? Please reply me back if here anyone have the suggestion about this.

Re: In HP Pavilion dv6, Horizontal flickering lines on screen

Have you tried with the updating the graphic card drivers and also BIOS drivers. If not then try with this, hope that this help you to resolve the problem. I m not sure here that this wil help you or not, but at least you can put a try on this in the hope that this help you. Reply back here about the suggestion for this.

I am really very happy after knowing your problem over here. And this is because I am also having the same pavilion dv6-6140us and with this machine I was having the problem. And for getting resolve this I replaced the machine and get the new one instead of that. But after few weeks again I get the same problem with this also. Now I am thinking that the screen problem is common with this model. And her let me tell you that I don’t believe here that this is caused by the graphic card. Because I have tried with the updating the graphic card but yet this problem exist for me. In my case, let me tell over here that I am having raedon and constantin has a nvidia. This problem is more severe when I have something in full screen. Can here someone suggest me also the reason for getting resolve them??

Friend, if you are having the problem with this then for HP Pavilion dv6 then for that I will suggest you to try with the replacement since you are getting the proper suggestion for resolving the problem. I was also having the faulty machine and for replacing this I contacted with the HP customer services. They really help me for the replacement. You can also try with them and I am sure that after doing the replacement you will be happy with this.’

Yes, me too having the same problem on my HP Pavilion dv66124CA. And for getting resolve this, I have tried with the so many of the suggestion also but no avail for this. please reply over here for resolving this problem.

For resolving the problem I will suggest you to try with disabling the feature that automatically shuts down the display. And for doing this setting you can try with:
    Choose when to turn off the display>> Power Options.

I was also having this type of the problem and for resolving that I have done the change in setting. And now I am not getting any this type of the problem. Try with this, hope that this also help you to resolve the problem. Reply back about the result.

Can here you reply me back about this problem in details?? I mean to say that do the lines stay there until you reboot or restart?? If yes, then there will be problem with the LCD screen only not with the system drivers or graphics or related with the setting in the windows. If not, then tell me that have you tried with the running the HPSA and looked for driver updates?? If not then try with this, hope that this will help you to resolve the problem. And also I will suggest you to try with updating the BIOS and video drivers. I am sure that after this all, you will get your problem resolve. Reply me back about the results. And also can you reply me about full system details which machine you are having??

Yes friend, here is the system information for my laptop:

• Product NumberLW272UA #ABC
    • BIOS Version/DateHewlett-Packard F.20, 13/07/2011
    • NameAMD Radeon HD 6750M / AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G
      Installed
    • Driversaticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidx x32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    • Driver Version8.832.0.0
    • Driverc:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys

Yes, I was also having the same flickering lines on screen problem. And for getting resolve the problem I found that: to turn off the sleep function. This really helps me to resolve the flickering lines on screen problem. And this helps me when I close the lid or the screen turns off due to inactivity but the computer do not sleep the flickering lines do not appear. Try with doing the same.

Ok, this works fine, thanks for this. but here let me tell you that this is temporary solution this not resolve the problem is anyone want to enable the safe mode. But for this time this is working fine. Thanks for suggesting me about this.

Yes, I also agree that disabling the safe mode is the temporary solution only. This not helped to resolve the problem for the people who want to use the safe mode. For getting this problem, I think that you will need to replace the screen, or else try to use the other graphic card for your system. I am telling you this because the problem is not related with the screen, this seems to caused by the graphic card only. Try with this, I am sure that you will get your problem to be resolve.