Thread: Linux Live CD does not support Lenovo Ideacentre X200 Wifi

Linux Live CD does not support Lenovo Ideacentre X200 Wifi

Just I receive a Linux live CD from ubuntu which I just require to make utilize on my home t23 so I doesn’t contain any wifi link, so I am just looking at the live CD and make use of my W7 X200 while I am in the road side the wifi is connected that it is great and more protected way to use a public wifi. Occasionally Linux is not sustaining. I cannot locate anything on this in the X200 help out screen, so I was wonder if any person here knew the answer.

Re: Linux Live CD does not support Lenovo Ideacentre X200 Wifi

For your reason not to just try it out? That you might be having the latest ubuntu, seems a bit so like the Linux mint 11 and it seem to working with a lot of PC with the whole thing enabled, and the a lot depends on which wifi card you contain, seem the Intel 5100 was general, and has good support. I had a X200 for awhile, tried it with Linux Mint, but cannot remember the outcome

My X200 have the Intel WiFi connection 5100 which I make use of with W7 when on the road (works great but as my post states I would like to address the security aspect by use the Live CD instead). The version of Ubuntu that I contain is at least 1 year old, so it is pretty constant. Being on the road is not a good time have to go through problem determination if things are not working. Hopefully someone has used it on an X series laptop, under WiFi and can help me out a bit.

Fine, we can say that an A600 AIO I am using a Intel 5100, and it works "out of the box” with Mint 11.Post Ubuntu version you wish for to use, and I will try it out. At least you will know if wifi works if no X200 customer responds.

I thinking to purchase a flash drive (as you recommended) and as I am new about to this machinery I had to do some research first. I originate a 16GB Kingston USB drive that supports Linux and W7 and it just arrived today in the post. I will go away through the download and setup process this week and then experiment out the Ubuntu install/setup at Starbucks on their WiFi with my X200 the following week.