Thread: using SuperOneClick How to Root Motorola Defy

using SuperOneClick How to Root Motorola Defy

As I am using the Motorola defy smartphone I want to know how can I root the Motorola defy phone using with superoneclick. As I am new to this I don’t have proper knowledge about how to do this.if any one of you could provide me the steps with the proper solution then it would be fine for me and can make my work a bit easy.

Re: using SuperOneClick How to Root Motorola Defy

Actually I don’t have the proper idea about rooting the Motorola defy phone , as I have not tried with the superoneclick software, so even I like to know how it done. As it would be additional knowledge for me , as how it is done.

If you want to know how to root with the Motorola defy using superoneclick, then below are the following steps:

• First you need to download the superonclick 1.9 to your computer.
    • After doing this Connect your phone with the computer using USB cable provided to you, but ensure that you do not mount the SD card. Select “charge” or “none” option when you connect to the pc via USB.
    • Now extract the zip file of superoneclick and install the same in your pc which you downloaded.
    • Now click on the root tab after which the process will begin and go to the settings >application >development and enable USB debugging. When you see the “waiting for device”.
    • During the process for the rooting , the program will ask you whether you want to install the busybox or not. So for this select yes.
    • Now after doing this wait for the rooting process to finish for which it will take some minutes to finish with it. After which you have done with it.

I want to know what you exactly mean by the do not mount the SD card when you connect to the phone. As I didn’t understand about what you have said for the mounting for the SD card.

It means when you try connecting to the pc using your USB cable with your phone. So when it connects to the phone it will ask you options that for which you want to work on. So try selecting option with the charging or select none and don’t try to connect with the SD card option. So I hope you cleared out your doubts regarding the SD card mounting.