Thread: Mint 12 for Toshiba Satellite

Mint 12 for Toshiba Satellite

What number of you over there set the plan on switching to v12 to fix or dispense with situations on your Toshiba Satellite? I for one could be attempting this. I additionally idea on wiping Win7 at the same time and do a clean introduce. There have been many weird things happening with the main edition, most likely a Toshiba thing instead of a Mint thing. Login screen is not visible and virtual world password screen not visible either. One time the timer tallies down to prefer your OS and the different it makes a point not to begin. Here and there the screen flashes some times out of the blue. Some of the time parts of a systems menu should not appear, need to re-begin to fix it.

Re: Mint 12 for Toshiba Satellite

I long ago would have a Toshiba Satellite A100 and it broke following 1 year just. Got the dreaded "Operating system not found" failure one day, and USB ports quit working as well! That was the close of my Toshiba. Toshiba Company has been sued numerous times by a mess of individuals. They even have websites dedicated to individuals' disappointing comments in opposition to Toshiba.

I paid $350.00 under the most favorable conditions Buy and probably now its simply a unmanageable paperweight. I do similar to the wide screen, not so far the. You need to purchase a cooler for it so that would be a different 35 to 50 bucks. I'm inclining more towards LMDE for this computer forasmuch as it is more forefront than prevailing edition and obviously way snappier. I was contrasting this with a HP while in the store.

I wish I had picked the HP as a substitute. I do wish and trust they do get Android so it will work well on the HP tablet. I cherish my tablet, in particular on account of the cost but it is very nearly completed but not entirely and that would be a disgrace on account of it has so far potential. On account of HP has picked to abandon us it could just be reasonable that they open it like a champ and let us make into something blatantly superb. Most fit Buy states I have 14 days and I am still in that time span admitting that the equal could be their HP with 3gigs slam and a to a limited extent quicker processor and even though it states same size screen, it is true blue unmistakable by looks that it is not.

Mine is physically much more imposing on a level plane and yes I know they are measured diagonally but hey, it’s actually observation! Additionally the HP was $50.00 more. It's either that or a dell. My interaction is that they split and don’t keep up. Backup/Delete/Hide here we go.

I actually purchased a revamped Toshiba a few months in the past from Toshiba Direct's homepage and got an amazing purchase on a 17" with center i3 Intel processor and Intel illustrations with 500 GB hard drive and 4 gigs of ram runs superb and cool (contrasted with my past Toshiba's with AMDS) and have run not just Mint 11 but am now running Ubuntu 11.10 with no situation.

The majority of my computers are Acer, but my newest laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C655-15.6" screen and 6 Gb of RAM
    I have 3 Linux OS-distros instated on it:
    • -a straight Debian set to 'stable'
    • -LMDE-Xfce (Debian-Testing)
    • -and Mint-9 Fluxbox LTS edition

I have been buying Toshiba satellite laptops for a considerable length of time and they have been the most exceptionally constant and reliable laptops I ever had. My Compaq's and hp's didn't keep up quite extended however. Each and every Toshiba I had utilized for about 3 years and never had a situation then sold them to a companion who utilized them for anyhow 1 or 2 more years before they beyond any doubt came apart.

My Tosh had Intel Celeron M Duo processor @ 1.7GHz and it long ago would overheat similar to a mofo. Since you find which computer companies are the most drastically reliable you will recognize HP, Compaq, Dell, IBM, and Lenovo.