Thread: Fingerprint Utility is not working with internet explorer 9 in Toshiba Portege R700-S1331

Fingerprint Utility is not working with internet explorer 9 in Toshiba Portege R700-S1331

Hi friends I am using Toshiba Portege R700-S1331 laptop from last some months and I have recently reinstalled windows 7 in my laptop as I have formatted my laptop. Now after that I have installed internet explorer 9 in my laptop and after installing that Fingerprint Utility has stopped working. First I was getting option for finger scanning while visiting any sites from the internet explorer 8 but with internet explorer 9 same things does not happen. Now in internet explorer 9 half of websites will recognize either the new listing of prints OR the capability to log in using a already saved print. The biometric scanner is less useful. What should id to solve this issue?

Re: Fingerprint Utility is not working with internet explorer 9 in Toshiba Portege R700-S1331

I have referred your problem and first thing I would like to tell you that if this problem has started after installing the internet explorer 9 then I think there is something to do with the internet explorer 9 otherwise problems is with the Fingerprint Utility.

Re: Fingerprint Utility is not working with internet explorer 9 in Toshiba Portege R700-S1331

Yes I will also suggest you the same I think you should first open the Fingerprint Utility in your laptop and after that you have to check whether all the things are working properly or not. If you notice any wrong setting then do the setting properly and after doing all the setting again you have to open the internet explorer 9 in your laptop again and after that you have check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

If you get the same problem after that then you should try to firs this issue by resetting the internet explorer 9 in your laptop. Many times by resetting the internet explorer 9 also this type of problem can take place. Resetting the internet explorer 9 will remove all the add on which you have installed.

First above tricks and after that let me know whether it makes any difference or not. I hope after trying that your problem will get solved.

If you want to reset the internet explorer 9 then you have to do following steps.

First open Internet Explorer by
    After that you have to click on the Tools button
    After that click on the Internet options.
    Now select the Advanced tab,
    Then click on the Reset.
    After that click on Close and then click on the OK button.

Now you have to Close Internet Explorer and then start the internet explorer again.

If you are facing the same problem after resetting the internet explorer 9 in your laptop then I think you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the internet explorer 9 and after reinstalling the internet explorer 9 your problem will get solved.

I hope this solution will solve this issue.

Yes I think reinstalling the internet explorer will help you to fix this issue.

First you have to try to solve this problem by reinstalling the internet explorer 9 in your laptop.

If you have already tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the internet explorer 9 then I will suggest you to remove the IE 9 from your laptop then switch back to IE8 and then whether problem get solved or not. If you face the same problem then I think there is nothing to do with the internet explorer but problem is with the Fingerprint Utility.

According to me you are facing this issue because Fingerprint Utility may not be compatible with the internet explorer 9. May be with the next update of the Fingerprint Utility your problem will get solved. I hope this will be helpful for you.

I have refereed the solutions and after reading that I have first checked all the setting of the Fingerprint Utility there was nothing wrong with the setting. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by resetting the internet explorer 9 with the no luck. Reinstalling the IE 9 does not help also. After that I downgrade the internet explorer in my laptop and after that also Fingerprint Utility was not working.

Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

I have gone through your reply as you have said that with internet explorer 8 also same thing happen and that is why I would like to tell you first uninstall the Fingerprint Utility from your laptop and then you have to install the Fingerprint Utility again in your laptop and after doing that your problem will get solved.

First remove the Fingerprint Utility completely and after that you have to delete the temporary files from your laptop and then you have to restart the laptop and then install the Fingerprint Utility again and after that you have to check whether same problem is coming or not.

I would like to tell you that you have to first check on the internet for the updates of the Fingerprint Utility application and if you find the updates on the internet then you have to first download that and then you have to remove Fingerprint Utility which is already installed and then install the newer one and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you are still facing the same problem after trying above solutions then I will suggest you to contact the Toshiba support and after that you have to tell them problem which you are facing in your laptop and after that they will try to solve this issue.

Updating the Fingerprint Utility in my laptop has solved this issue. After referring your post I have downloaded the Fingerprint Utility installer from the internet and then I have removed earlier version and then installed the new version and then all the things started working fine. Thanks for the help.