Thread: How to avoid Toshiba Satellite 1800 S274 for System crashing and recovery?

How to avoid Toshiba Satellite 1800 S274 for System crashing and recovery?

I earn an 1800 Satallite S274. I have also had several troubles with it. Lately I got "locked" out of my system and I had to restore my computer to the day I bought it. At the present that it is clean and I have loaded XP PRO up to SP2 and I can download SP3 if desiring. Prior to I would like to see if there is anyone else out there that can help me update my software/hardware/drivers etc. for quicker processing of computer.

re: How to avoid Toshiba Satellite 1800 S274 for System crashing and recovery?

For this Toshiba is proving support through their website.
    1. You will observe a Product Support link at the top of Toshiba support web page. Click on it.
    2. Some BLUE TEXT LINK will appear which will state Show All Models.
    3. This area is for entering specific model information.
    4. As you see the Download Tab, download it.
    5. The drop down menus facilitates filtering of the file and the operating system.
    6. Insist on Downloading files of your desire.

Another solution to this could be the as, following the order the driver should be installed.
    • Start a process of checking for driver and then testing. It may possible that some drivers may install and some not. The names listed can also vary with your list downloaded. It depends on your correct judgment some are listed as Chipset softwareDisplay, Sound, Modem, Touchpad driver, Toshiba Console, Display Hotkey, Touchpad enable/disable utility, Toshiba Network Device Switch ,Toshiba Power Saver ,Toshiba Controls, Toshiba Utilities.

I was also experiencing same problem. And I found a solution to this by re installing my windows software. The solution could go this way by installing a new copy of windows 7.yes as you told that you can install windows SP3 if you desire, then I should say you to install a more advanced feature of windows. That is none other than windows 7.

The solution for this by installing works in some cases but it sometimes don’t work. So installing all the drivers of Toshiba trough the support provided with works. After installing the drivers it might work. Also up gradation of hardware peripherals will be an added advantage. So try to first upgrade some hardware components, and then try installing other software drivers.