Thread: Is it possible to drop the data plan on one of the two LG Thrill 4G I PURCHASE?

Is it possible to drop the data plan on one of the two LG Thrill 4G I PURCHASE?

My question says it all Not certain if anyone knows however let's say I acquire two of these handsets one for me and one for the spouse and just one wants Data taking into account I am home every day with Wi-Fi access. Is there a method to obtain it so I am able to call in and drop one of the data plans subsequent to getting the phone? Is it possible is there anyone here who already done it

Re: Is it possible to drop the data plan on one of the two LG Thrill 4G I PURCHASE?

The only way I see this is possible is only by getting those phone off contract because if you get it through carrier will oblige you to have a data plan

Re: Is it possible to drop the data plan on one of the two LG Thrill 4G I PURCHASE?

Is it possible that I purchase it and say I sell the handset as well as plug in My OLD Motorola Rokr to the SIM while I call them. I imply they can't show that I didn't trade it.

That is not possible as network be familiar with your IMEI and AT&T will be familiar with what type of phone it is.

Would your plan work? most likely. It might be unexpected for at&t to shock you with automatically addition a data plan afterward? No.

If you see online at your account it would be demonstrate you what handset you have. I one time experienced their structure with a only some handset I got from associates. One be an at&t branded flip handset, one was a unlocked HTC WinMo handset with a custom ROM, and an additional was a TMo blackberry. every time inside a day or two the website updated itself by my handset.

You’ll might to exchange to an additional data plan at the time you modify device or completely get rid of it

however when you switch back to the LG thrill 4G it will notice it and automatically put in the $15mb 200 meg data plan

Just do the iPhone or unlocked Smartphone thought to obtain her limitless data. That method as a minimum she be able to pay attention to Pandora, stream videos, and make use of GPS while she's out.

Yeah I have already I have known about the iPhone thought however what's the unlocked Smartphone thought. I signify I have an unlocked T-Mobile HTC myTouch 4G That Work?

Abundance of additional method, port out number to an additional carrier port it back in, don’t comprise to use similar rate plan while you reply, dif phone at the present, no data required. Any time you place your SIM card in a Smartphone, the handset will update the IMEI on your account and gives you a text saying it additional the plan surrounded by about two days of utilize it . Pretty a great deal no way approximately it that I know of

See the clear logic is the cost of your handset is support financially by the agreement data plan. to the extent that I know they would go away it on your account anyhow actual handset you are by means of, because they gave you a $550 handset and will be getting their cash back by hook or by crook

Not really. You can begin a contract with a Smartphone but later on change your IMEI to a usual phone and drop the information in total. They get their cash back from your monthly rate plan.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    See the clear logic is the cost of your handset is support financially by the agreement data plan. to the extent that I know they would go away it on your account anyhow actual handset you are by means of, because they gave you a $550 handset and will be getting their cash back by hook or by crook
    If you get the handset for a cheap price then switch to a non Smartphone you might go down the data, however if you use any Smartphone with at&t they add a data plan. And Data plans aren't tapered with Smartphone’s need data plans since of the huge amount of data they eat up due to the full html browser, app downloading, and app data use.

The fact that I don't contain surplus knowledge with AT&T but on T-Mobile while I got a blackberry and sell it, I add a different handset and tried to get rid of the Data plan and it give me a detachment charge. I have to get a sales representative friend work a few magic; while AT&T says that a phone “needs data and a 2 year agreement" I now put 2 plus 2 jointly. happy to attend to I'm not locked into a data plan.