Thread: How to fix the GPS, in the LG thrill 4G

How to fix the GPS, in the LG thrill 4G

Hey all, I am having the problem as, I don’t know that for what reason, my LG Thrill 4G doesn't have a gps.conf file and for that reason only this is causing caused locks to be very slow, and rarely indoors. Is there anyone have the fix about this? Please reply me if you have the suggestion about this.

Re: How to fix the GPS, in the LG thrill 4G

I have a fix, at least it worked for me, you will need to be rooted and have a file explorer like Root Explorer-

• Using Explorer, go to the root system folder / etc
    • Select the menu button at the bottom of the phone, select more and then select "Create New File" menu, name the new file gps.conf
    • For some reason, emotion does not have a 4G LG gps.conf file, at least mine does, and caused blockages to be very slow, and rarely in the interior. I have a solution, at least it worked for me, you will need to be rooted and have a file browser such as Explorer-Root
    • Using Explorer, go to the root system folder / etc
    • Select the menu button at the bottom of the phone, select more and then select "Create New File" menu, name the new file gps.conf
    • Select the menu button and select "Save and Exit" from the menu. It will automatically save the blank file as gps.conf gps.conf.bak a backup.

The strange thing is that mine came with the file GPS.conf. But not with the exact values. I will try to replace with supl.google supl.nokia and see if I can get faster locks.

I went out side, said first locking 21sec 0 / 6 not fixed, but before all this never took me 1 hour to obtain a short block progress so sure, but now the unit to work with patients and the report when you get to 400 pm, Eastern time, thanks to this review I think we are close.

I think that there is no problem with this. I am glad it helped your GPS! I think we're close too, I wonder if I should send this off to LG, do you think they would do anything about it?

No, I did not have to do one before you watch over and thought I had a conf gps.bak but I thought there was something suspicious. I hope this works, because I love this phone, but if I have to instill in their way. What bothers me is that they always put like 4 sats but it sets 0 in the GPS status before this review I have never had a lock, but once and it took an hour and went to 3 minutes. What is more annoying to my wife told him mine Android iphone lock in 2 seconds or whatever it is unstable or not the root of something dam and disorder.

No problem my friend, I'm glad I could help! I just tried again GPS Status sitting in my room and closed in about 10 seconds, woot! I'll be curious to see how he does on his way to work today Motion tests can know even more about if this review is really complete.

I have not the file is. I lock out super fast and in my car. In my computer room / office I have a lot of electronic working and can not be blocked reliably. All other areas below and even seem to be fine though. It may also be easier to make the configuration file on a computer and then copy the phone or push with ADB after mounting R / W. You can always delete this file if it makes things worse is not it? Finally, rumors are a Gingerbread update is coming out soon. If that happens, you can solve this problem and I can stop off for a change SGS2.

I had a file gps.conf only had to change the port supl.nokia.com and tried to block only is faster than precision is the same. I had no problem previously only thought I would try it. Nice find man.

Can you please tell me that from where you get the phone? Make check out another emotion and the GPS out of the store. If you still have bad luck with the GPS on emotion and you have the time left for the return, I would expect sgs2 in the second instead of going with an infusion. The infusion just seems like a step backwards.

Recently I have switched from the Samsung Infuse to the new LG thrill, and after this I have also tried with the stick it out with the Thrill. And after this, one thing that I have noticed is that on my Samsung Infuse, I was having the GPS issue, but this issue I am not having in the LG thrill 4G. And I know quadrant is not really always relevant, but stock infuse I couldn’t crack 1100. On my thrill stock best I got was 2737. The performance of the thrill to the infuse really isn’t even comparable. So for your case, I will say you to try with this and hope that this all will help you to get resolve your problem.

Hey all, thanks for suggesting me about the fix the GPS in LG Thrill 4G. I tried with the all the above suggestion but still get that my GPS is not working. Thanks for suggesting me about this, are you have any other good suggestion about this?? If yes then please reply me back about this.