Thread: How to install Ovi Maps on Nokia X2

How to install Ovi Maps on Nokia X2

I am looking forward to get a new Nokia X2. Do you think that it is possible for me to install the Ovi Maps on that? Though it does not encompass GPS - I would at rest like to install Ovi Maps in order to browse the map. Do you have any suggestions on that?

Re: How to install Ovi Maps on Nokia X2

You can attempt a substitute app to get maps for example Google Maps while it is companionable by means of most Java-enabled phones, definite features, counting My Location as well as Google Latitude, might not be supported on the Nokia X2. However in any case it enables you to outlook maps by the use of GPRS/EDGE connection.

It is the most important news of the day: Nokia Ovi Maps offer free from this moment more than 70 countries. If you still did not know Ovi Maps is a navigation application for Nokia phones. But Ovi Maps is free is not the only news that Nokia has prepared us. If you remember, so far the maps are stored in the memory of the Nokia, so we did not need an Internet connection. Well, from now on the maps downloaded from the Internet in real time, just like Google Maps.

AS far as I know that google maps may be handy but this has advantages and disadvantages: on the maps are free and always up to date, but on the other hand we need to pay a fee s data may sometimes fail to connect or a little slower than normal. In any case, Ovi Maps is intended to give direct competition to Google Maps (which although it is compatible with Symbian and Blackberry, its most important ones are the iPhone and Android).

In addition to Ovi Maps gives directions in both pedestrian mode and car mode and includes free Michelin.

What have you for a device at all? With the Nokia X2, you cannot use the Nokia Maps, unfortunately, because the device has a GPS receiver.

The new version 3.07 of OVI maps brings back the services that were on the same map application divided, the choice of maps, navigation, guidance, check in, and update services are now in separate icons, but with the option of placing a widget with all four services together except the upgrade is improving much faster gives us the map application, with shortcuts faster and better integration with social networks in the option to check in to share location. The sad thing is it is not supported in Nokia X2.

I have the Nokia 5800. The maps are free, but the navigation does not (had to download a license to sail if not cut) There is assisted gps and integrated gps. So if you are not interested Assisted GPS is more accurate but you need a connection, disable it and use the integrated GPS.