Thread: Samsung Galaxy R not starting

Samsung Galaxy R not starting

I had bought Samsung Galaxy R last week and it was working well by now but when I was trying to sync it with Microsoft exchange mail then it was asked to reboot and then I was waiting to get it started but now it is not starting at all I mean for the first time it had started an I was able to see the startup screen but then it got off in between and now when I am charging it then it is not showing up anything. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out with this? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Samsung Galaxy R not starting

I had the similar kind of problem but not exactly the same I mean my phone had rebooted on its own when I was browsing over the internet and then it was not getting started well I mean it was not completely off I was able to see the startup but then it was getting stuck where we get the s letter sign and it was just glowing again and again. Firstly I thought that it is due to the insufficient or bad battery so I tried charging the phone and then rebooting the phone but then it was getting stuck at the same place so I checked it out with another battery to see if it was because of the bad battery but then I was getting the same problem every time but then when I tried hard reset then it worked for me and then it was working fine for a moment but then I started facing the rebooting problem and it is still going on. I dint know what do now. Any further help will be appreciated

I was facing the same rebooting problem and I had tried to reset it for a no of times and I had also made sure that the battery is working fine and is in good contact with the phone as well but the problem was same every day. The phone used to reboot at least 5 times a day but then when I did a factory setting than the problem was solved so I will suggest you to backup you data first and then try out a factory setting and see if it works for you or not and let me know if it works. Best of luck

I was facing the same rebooting problem and I had tried to reset it for a no of times and I had also made sure that the battery is working fine and is in good contact with the phone as well but the problem was same every day. The phone used to reboot at least 5 times a day but then when I did a factory setting than the problem was solved so I will suggest you to backup you data first and then try out a factory setting and see if it works for you or not and let me know if it works. Best of luck
    Hey thanks for your reply It was really helpful to me I was facing the reboot problem every now and then but then after updating the firmware I am not facing the same problem I mean It has been almost six hours and my phone has not rebooted once where it was rebooting for sure but I am really happy now that I got rid of it. I just hope that it does not occur again.

I had bought Samsung Galaxy R last week and it was working well by now but when I was trying to sync it with Microsoft exchange mail then it was asked to reboot and then I was waiting to get it started but now it is not starting at all I mean for the first time it had started an I was able to see the startup screen but then it got off in between and now when I am charging it then it is not showing up anything. Is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out with this? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I think that there is a battery problem I mean that the battery might have died what you can try out is if it is possible to get the same type of battery for you then you can probably check your phone with that battery and then check if the problem is solved if it so then you will have to replace the battery and get a new one and you can also check your battery with the other phone and see if your battery is working or not if not then I think that there is a serious issue I mean that it might have got bricked and you will have to contact the service center to get it fixed. Just check it out and let me know what you are getting.

I think that there is something wrong with the phone itself because when I tested it my battery in my phone than it was working well without any problem even though I checked it out by rebooting it several times to see if it is causing any problem or not but then the same battery is inserted in my phone than it is not giving me any kind of response so I think that my phone has been bricked and I will have to contact the service center and get it replaced but I just wanted to know that how many days will it take to get replaced is there anyone who has an idea about this?

I think that there is something wrong with the phone itself because when I tested it my battery in my phone than it was working well without any problem even though I checked it out by rebooting it several times to see if it is causing any problem or not but then the same battery is inserted in my phone than it is not giving me any kind of response so I think that my phone has been bricked and I will have to contact the service center and get it replaced but I just wanted to know that how many days will it take to get replaced is there anyone who has an idea about this?

Before going to the service center I will suggest you to clean the connection where the battery gets in contact with the phone. I mean the place where you find some small golden fingers like you see on the other end of the battery just check them if they are proper or not because there are possibilities where they get bend when we remove and insert the battery a no of time and also make sure that the connection is not loosed between the battery and then phone but even if you are not getting your phone started then I think that there is some kind of hardware problem and you will really have to get it repaired.

Even I had a problem with my Samsung galaxy tab once but my phone was not bricked there was a display problem with it and when I visited the service center at my place then they had said me that I will get a replacement in one week as they will have to send the phone to the company and all but I got it after 10 days so I don’t think that there is a specific days in which you will get the replacement I mean that it can be done within a week or it can take another week as well but here I think that getting it replaced is more important.

Even I had a problem with my Samsung galaxy tab once but my phone was not bricked there was a display problem with it and when I visited the service center at my place then they had said me that I will get a replacement in one week as they will have to send the phone to the company and all but I got it after 10 days so I don’t think that there is a specific days in which you will get the replacement I mean that it can be done within a week or it can take another week as well but here I think that getting it replaced is more important.
    I think that you were really lucky I mean I had got my tab bricked once I mean in the start it was rebooting on its own but then I just ignored it and was using it. I had tried to check if it was some kind of battery problem or not by testing it with another battery which was of my brother’s phone but then I found that the problem was still the same. I was using it in the same way because after reboot it was working well without any problem but after some days it rebooted and then it was not getting started at all I tried testing it with many solutions but then none of them worked and I thought that the phone has got bricked and then I contacted the service center and then they tested my phone and they said the phone is not bricked there was some loose connection from the battery connection point and they said that I will not get an replacement for it and I will get it repaired. I got the phone on the other day but then I really wanted a replacement but I was not lucky enough like you.

I think that I will have to go to the service center because I have tried to perform all the possible solution by now and I have also tried the solution that I you all have specified but then none of them is helping me out. Let’s see what is the problem, I will go to the service center tomorrow till then